Chapter 38 - The girl and the hoodie

Taehyung's Point of View

A weak moan broke the silence. My eyes shot open. Everyone stood up but froze in place.

Did we just imagine that?

I was holding my breath. My heart was pounding. Jimin grabbed my hand.

Another moan broke the silence.

It was Jungkook!

Panic filled the room.

"Jungkook? Can you hear me?"

"We need to get the doctor"

"Stay here! I will go"

"Jungkook. We are all here buddy."

"Open your eyes baby"

His painful moans were becoming louder.

I was waiting for this moment all night. A sign from him that he is still here.

I couldn't form words. I couldn't move.

"Taehyung..."

The sound of my name from his lips shot electricity through my body. I run to him as fast as I could.

Jungkook's parents stepped away. I sat next to him. He was in pain.

He looked so weak. I was afraid of touching him. He was trying to move his body but couldn't. He was tightly wrapped, almost like a mummy.

I finally put my hands on his shoulders and then around his face.

"I'm here Jungkook. I'm here. The doctor is coming soon, OK?" I managed to say. I was trying to be as calm as possible. I didn't want to scare him or worry him. A frown formed on his face as his pain waves were hitting him.

"Taehyung..." Jungkook repeated after letting out another painful moan. A tear running down his face.

I buried my face on the side of his neck. Seeing him in pain and not being able to do anything was killing me.

"I'm here baby...I'm not leaving. Hold on a little longer" I whispered against his ear. I planted a kiss on his cheek, taking his tears away with my lips.

The doctor and two nurses stormed into the room.

"Could everyone step outside please!" the doctor said firmly and began to examine Jungkook.

"Can we stay? We are his parents." Jungkook's mother said softly.

"I'm afraid no mam. We need to examine him" the doctor responded.

I could hear footsteps fading away.

I was still sitting next to Jungkook. He put his weak hand on top of mine. It was like telling me to stay. I placed my other hand on top of his and gently stroked his fingers.

One of the nurses was standing in front of me, waiting patiently.

My eyes were begging her to let me stay.

"Mr Kim? I'm sorry but you have to step outside" the doctor said.

Jungkook tightened his grip around my hand. I looked at the doctor with desperation. I didn't want to leave him. He didn't want me to leave.

"Mr Kim, please!" the doctor responded.

I felt two hands on my shoulders.

"Taehyung come on. Let the doctor do his job. We will be back with him soon" Jimin's soft voice against my ear.