Chapter 18 - Missing

Jungkook's Point of View

It has been more than half an hour that Taehyung has been gone. How long does it take him to get my present from his room? I started to worry. I got out of bed, put on my sleepers and walk out of the room to look for him.

I was standing in front of his room. I knocked softly on the door, with hesitation. I don't know why but something about this wasn't right.

Taehyung will never leave without letting me know where he would go. Namjoon opened the door and looked surprised to see me.

"Hey Jungkookie. Did Taehyung send you to get something from the room? Come in." Namjoon said and motioned me to get inside the room. My thoughts were racing.

I didn't make a move. "Did you see Tae? Did he come by to pick something?" I asked quickly hoping to get some information from Namjoon.

"He is not with you? I haven't seen him since last night. I know he woke up early this morning, but I have been here all day so if he was to come to our room I would have seen him" Namjoon said and in my disappointment, he didn't know anything either.

I lowered my eyes, looking down at feet not knowing what to do or think. Namjoon placed his hand on my shoulder.

"Hey! Jungkookie look at me... what happened? Did you fight?"

"No, we didn't fight. He left my room like half an hour ago to come here and get my present. I haven't seen him since and...I don't know what to think" I replied not being able to raise my gaze.

"Hmmm...maybe he is preparing something else for you first and it's taken him longer than expected. Let's go and look for him together. He must be somewhere here. Don't worry we will find your beloved TaeTae" Namjoon said making me smile shyly.

'Beloved TaeTae'...I liked the sound of that, I thought to myself and felt a bit more optimistic suddenly.

We checked all the possible places in the apartment that he could be. Nothing. He was nowhere to be seen. As the time passed the more worried I was getting. Where did he go? He left the building? To go where?

None of the other members have seen him either. Now all six of us were looking for him. They told me not worry but their worry was written all over their face. I knew that something wasn't right here.

"We looked everywhere! He is not here...and he didn't take his phone with him either. I told him to have it with him so when he does stupid things like this we can find him" Jimin said letting his worry to be shown.

"Hey we need to stay calm. Tae is not a baby...well that's questionable. But what I mean he knows how to take care of himself" Yoongi said looking interchangeably between Jimin and I.

"It has been almost 2 hours with no sing of him though we need to do something" Jin added.

"Wait! We didn't check the third floor? Maybe he is there" Namjoon said.

"Why will he be on the third floor? There are only two meeting rooms there. Let's go to Sejin. If Taehyung left the building then that's his mistake and will have to face the consequences. We need to let him know" Hoseok said.

"I agree! Let's go! Sejin will help us find him" I said and got up from my seat. I took a step or two and there he was. Standing at the top of the stairs. He didn't make a move. He was looking deep into my eyes. Tears filled my eyes. Not being able to wait any longer I run up the stairs.

I placed my hands around his face and leaned my forehead on his. He finally wrapped his hands around my waist. I could finally breathe again.

"Where have you been? I was worried sick!" I said feeling relieved but also curious as to where he was all this time.

Electricity run through my body as his lips touched mine. It felt like I haven't seen him in years and this was our first kiss. He kissed my lips softly and then pushed me slightly away from him.

"Let's go and talk somewhere that there are no five pair of eyes looking at us" Taehyung finally said.

I looked behind me and all the other members were standing there, looking at us like proud parents. I couldn't help it but find them adorable. I opened my eyes as wide as possible as a signal for them to leave.

"Oh, there he is. Did you see him guys? Taehyungie is here" Jin said acting surprised to see Taehyung.

"Yes, I can see him too! Hello Tae. We were just passing from here. Right guys?" Jimin said playing along.

"Alright alright enough you two. Let's go!" Yoongi said trying to stop the awkwardness. They all started walking away waving at us.

"They are such dorks, but I love them" Taehyung said with smile on his face while still holding me close to him. It's the first time that he smiled since he saw me, but it didn't last for long. His gaze darkened, and he let go of me.

"Let's sit here so I can explain to you what happened" Taehyung finally said and sat down on one of stair steps. I sat next to him waiting to hear what he had to say.