Chapter 53 - The Return

Taehyung's point of view

It has been four days since I opened my eyes I think... I lost track of time in the hospital. My last image was Jungkook's frightened eyes.

I was asleep half of the time and when I was awake, I was either with my parents or with the members or with the doctors. Everyday felt the same.

I couldn't move much. I felt weak. My right arm and part of my back felt numb. I needed help to stand up and take a walk around the room.

The doctor said that if the nerve recovers then the numbness will go away or at least most of it. They said I was lucky the bullet didn't severely damage any of my main nerves and therefore I should recover in time.

At the time I didn't worry about it. I just wanted to go back to the dorms. I didn't want to be trapped here.

My parents were here as soon as visiting hours began and left the last minute before ending. The other members came at different times to see me. Even Mija came to see me. Now I have some of her blood in me.

But they always made sure that there was someone with Jungkook back at the dorms. They told me he was doing alright. I knew they were lying. I needed to get back to the dorms as soon as possible.

My parents were begging me to move back to Daegu with them, to retire from BTS. We had the same conversations every day that led nowhere. They were not listening to me.

I didn't want to let this take everything away from me. I knew that it already took Jungkook away and if the perpetrator is not found, Jungkook will never come back to me.

He hasn't responded to any of my messages. He hasn't even read them. All I wanted him to know was that none of these were his fault.

I knew he was beating himself up because of what happened. I knew he was feeling guilty and he wouldn't put me in danger again, so he chose to cut all ties. Not coming to visit me or even respond to my messages.

I wasn't angry at him. I understood why. I would have done the same. I was relieved that he didn't took off somewhere and disappear. He was still here.

                                                                    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

It was Friday afternoon. The day I got discharged from the hospital. It was the happiest I felt since my stay at the hospital.

I felt much stronger physically. I was able to walk without help and didn't feel dizzy or weak all the time. I still had numbness in my arm. I struggled holding things in my right hand from time to time. I've dropped and broke so many things at the hospital just because I refuse to use my left hand. I wanted to prove that I was getting better, that my hand wasn't messed up.

Walking out to the hospital garage, I saw two police cars and four security guards wearing a bulletproof vest. I rolled my eyes. That was a bit excessive. The perpetrator has no reason to shoot me again. I knew Jungkook wouldn't give him another reason, but I wasn't going to let that slide.

I will find whoever is behind it all. I won't let him win.

We dropped my parents at the hotel close to our building and we then continued for five minutes or so before arriving at the dorms. More security and police awaited at the entrance. They checked everything.The car, the driver, the security who were sitting on either side of me, my bags...they even checked me. After everything was cleared they let us enter the parking lot.

My heart rate was increasing, sweat was building in my palms, my muscles tensed up making the numbness in my arm worse. I could barely feel my fingertips.