Chapter 28 - Bursting the bubble

Jungkook's Point of View

                                                    Two Weeks Ago...

"What I am about to tell you is not easy, nor have I ever thought I would have this discussion with you." Bang PD said looking defeated. I have never seen him like this. My heart was racing.

I couldn't keep my eyes off the door. Taehyung was not here yet. Where was he?

"Sorry to interrupt you Bang PD-nim but maybe we should wait for Taehyung to join us before we begin the meeting" I said, feeling a bit concerned that he didn't come along with Yoongi to the meeting.

"Taehyung didn't come to the dorm last night. I haven't seen him since yesterday's rehearsals" Yonngi said way too calmly for the seriousness of his statement.

"What?" We all said in unison.

"And you haven't thought of telling us earlier?" Namjoon responded visibly worried and annoyed at the same time.

"What? Are you going to pretend that you actually care now? If Jungkook didn't ask, none of you would have brought his absence up? Am I right?" Yoongi responded.

Unspoken thoughts. Unspoken worries.

Silence.

You could cut the tension in the room with a knife.

"Everyone, let's calm down. I am here today to speak to you about Taehyung." Bang PD said breaking the unbearable silence.

I felt my heart throbbing through my chest. I intertwined my fingers tightly in an attempt to keep myself together.

I wanted to ask so many questions but held back to see what Bang PD had to say.

"Taehyung asked to talk to me a week ago. He explained what has happened between him and Jungkook and the effects that it had on the group. Multiple staff members have confirmed that the group was divided. You were no longer all together..."

"Bang PD-nim we..." Namjoon interrupted.

"Let me finish Namjoon and then we can discuss. When I found out about the relationships in the group, I supported you, but I asked you to work out any issues that may arise between you and to never pick sides. That didn't happen and that's why we are here today. Am I disappointed? Yes...but I understand that seeing your friend suffer because of another friend it's difficult and that you wanted to support Jungkook. Taehyung didn't approach me to complain about this. He never said anything bad about any of you and he was grateful for taking care of Jungkook. However, he expressed his concern about the group's future. Taehyung and other staff members have said the same thing to me. 'Bang PD-nim, BTS have lost their chemistry. There is no team work. There is no love. We have lost BTS.' In Taehyung eyes, he could see a group of six members and not seven. A group that could succeed with six members and not seven. He asked me to leave the group, but I rejected. After a lot of thought I came to the decision to let Taehyung temporarily leave the group, which means that for the remaining of the year you will be performing and attending awards as a six-member group. I can see that this is a lot to take in and I am sure you have a million questions so let's discuss it" Bang PD continued.

I felt paralysed. I couldn't move. I couldn't speak. I couldn't feel anything. I felt that I didn't exist.

I could hear all the members frantically speaking but nothing made sense.

I looked at each member.

Tears.

I suddenly felt someone shaking my body and a faded voice asking me if I'm OK. Two cold hands around my face wiping my tears away. The voice got louder.