~ 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓣𝓱𝓲𝓻𝓽𝓮𝓮𝓷 ~

Chapter Thirteen: The First Halloween

A month had passed since that weekend, in that time everything yet nothing had changed

A month had passed since that weekend, in that time everything yet nothing had changed. The girls in Lina's dorm still wouldn't speak to her and the whispers were still there but it was all white noise to Lina for she had found her real friends, she had the twins who she shared some classes with and she had Cedric, Danny and Lucy.

She had properly met Danny and Lucy when Cedric had introduced them all, the day after the Slytherin incident at breakfast Lina struggled to find somewhere to sit, Tonks was with her own friends and she didn't want to bother her, she was ready to give up and skip breakfast when Cedric had called her over to sit with him and his friends, immediately they all got on, even if the three were a year older than Lina. Danny was the grandson of Newt Scamander but never mention it in front of him or ask him about it otherwise he'd turn snarky, the rest of the time he was a sarcastic ass but as Cedric said, once he became your friend you were stuck with him for life. Lucy was a Muggle-born witch who always spoke the first thing that came to kind and would educate the three in ways of the muggle and the language that they spoke.

Her classes hadn't changed much either, Snape still hated Lina to no end, with no apparent reason why. Professor McGonagall had a soft spot for the girl because she reminded her so much of her parents. The rest of the professors were completely normal.

But as October came to a close one more thing had to happen: Halloween, Lina's least favourite holiday, the whole school was buzzing with excitement, the twins mainly because they were going to prank as many people as they could with Halloween style pranks and everyone else because of the feast. The whole week leading up to the event Lina had been able to hide her discontent but the actual day of Halloween she really wasn't in the mood to enjoy it at all.

The day of Halloween instead of waiting for her friends like she did every morning in the common room Lina went straight to breakfast and sat alone. "There you are, why the hell didn't you wait for us like normal?" Lina heard Lucy yell at the three walked towards her seat at the table but Lina didn't reply, she didn't even look her she just kept her eyes trained on her pumpkin juice and shrugged.

"Are you alright?" Cedric asked sitting next to her, Lucy and Danny sitting opposite the pair.

"Yeah" she mumbled.

"Well, that's a lie" Danny snorted.

Lina who wasn't one of burden other people with her problems did what so always did, put a facade up of being fine "I'm okay really."

"Bullshit!" Lucy cried.

"You're not eating" Cedric pointed out.