1.

The movie felt so long, and Brett didn't understand why they had put it on in the first place. Neither of them were awake enough to pay attention to it, and he could tell Eddy was already slipping. For the third time he caught his head almost falling to Brett's shoulder, but that didn't stop his eyes from slowly gliding shut once more. Brett sighed and pulled his best friend closer so he could sleep with his head on his chest while Brett tried to stay awake for the rest of the movie. He felt Eddy wrap his arms carefully around his torso, and he couldn't help but feel like a large teddy bear. He didn't mind the touch, though. It was the new normal now.

They had never talked about their touching. In a way, it had happened gradually. Brett had often thought about how their friendship had become so physical, and had concluded that it must have started with that lingering pat on the shoulder after recording one day. Eddy had held his hand on Brett's shoulder just a tiny bit too long before saying his usual "well done today". Brett remembered thinking it was weird how natural the touch felt, and hadn't complained about the touching escalating into what it was tonight. Eddy sleeping soundly on Brett's chest. He hadn't realized how touch deprived he had been before, but the level of touch they were at now fulfilled that need for him.

Brett felt himself slipping as well and decided to reach over to the remote to switch off the screen before he too fell asleep. Unfortunately, the light movement half woke Eddy up. Brett quickly finished up the action of turning off the movie before moving back to half lying down on the couch like he had before. He ran his fingers through Eddy's hair, feeling how soft it was between his fingers. He hadn't tried it before, but the touch felt natural. Eddy didn't do anything to indicate he didn't want it.
"Shh, just sleep", Brett whispered. "Sorry I woke you up, I'll sleep too now." Eddy nodded slightly, and Brett wasn't too sure he was awake enough to understand what he was told at all. He felt the weight of Eddy's head back on his chest and heard his light snores start up again. They had almost a hypnotizing effect on Brett, and soon he too was snoring along.