34.

Eddy knew he was supposed to give Brett constructive feedback on his playing. Brett was practicing his Tchaikovsky violin concerto, and from what Eddy had heard through the door of their studio - practice room combo it was really coming along. The problem right now was how defined Brett's wrist looked as it traveled over the fingerboard with ease, how his brow furrowed at the difficult parts, that little smirk when he nailed the same difficult parts... To put it short, Eddy was falling hard for him all over again as he listened to how natural his musicality felt.

He didn't realize Brett was done playing until he spoke.
"So", he said, stretching his wrist after the playthrough. "What do you think?"
Eddy looked at him with a blank stare for a second before regaining control of the muscles needed to speak.
"It was good, you sound amazing", he said with a shy smile, hoping it wasn't too obvious where his mind was a few seconds ago.
"I know that", Brett said with joking overconfidence. "But there's always something to improve."
Eddy pulled a hand half nervously through his hair while trying to think of something - anything. His mind just showed another image of that smirk of his, the one that made Eddy's heart feel like it skipped a beat before trying to make up for it immediately after.
"Nothing, really? You used to roast me like hell, come on", Brett coaxed, shifting his weight to the other leg. "I know it can't have been perfect, because I'm not a world class soloist." Eddy bit his lip trying to think of something.
"I mean, I don't know", Eddy said honestly, licking his lower lip as Brett tried to flip his hair back with a head flick. "I'm sorry I'm of no help whatsoever. I guess you could say I'm a bit distracted."
"Bit distracted, huh?" Brett said, trying to hold back a grin while putting away his violin. Eddy felt his cheeks warm up, realizing Brett had caught on.
"Uh, yeah... You know..." he mumbled, looking shyly away. "You're kinda hot when you play." The last part was added almost inaudible, but Brett picked it up anyway.
"Yeah?" he asked, his cheeks getting a tiny bit pinker than they were moments before. "Really?"
Eddy looked up at him from his seated position on the piano stool they had in their studio.
"Well, yeah", Eddy replied, laughing nervously. "That's why all the fangirls keep fawning over you."
"Just the fangirls, eh?" Brett stepped over to Eddy and ran his hand through his soft hair carefully with a smile that made Eddy's heart flutter.
"If you count me as a fangirl...", he mumbled, trying to contain his smile and leaning into Brett's touch. Brett leaned down and kissed him quickly.
"You're so sweet, do you know that?"
Eddy couldn't hold back his smile anymore.
"I mean, I try my best", he said, standing up. "But I'm appearently no use when it comes to feedback on your playing. Sorry about that."
"It's okay, it's amazing performance practice to play for you. Makes me nervous." The last part just kind of slipped through Brett's lips because he could think twice about it. As soon as he realized what he had said, his cheeks turned as red as Eddy's had been just a minute ago.
"Bit nervous, huh?" Eddy mimicked Brett from earlier with a teasing grin.
"I mean, I'm playing for someone who I know normally would roast me to hell and back for every little thing who also happens to be someone I like a lot... Can you blame me?" Brett smiled innocently and placed his arms gently around Eddy's waist. As if on cue, Eddy moved his arms to rest around Brett's neck.
"You're so sweet, you know that?", Eddy mimicked Brett again with a wide smile before pressing their lips together once more.