76.

The following morning was straight up chaos. Eddy was exhausted from getting up around three in the morning with Jack who simply refused to go back to sleep, and while Elise sat calmly and ate her cereal, Aiden was still dragging his feet. Ot was a regular school day for him, and he did not feel up for it at all.

"Aiden, please get your socks on and eat your cereal. You're gonna be late," Eddy pleaded while wrangling a rather sleepy Jack. Brett, who had been eating his own cereal and minding Elise up until that point stood up slowly and kissed Eddy's cheek quickly before taking Jack from him. In that moment, Eddy was so grateful he could cry.

"You're not my mom," Aiden muttered under his breath, dumping down in the kitchen chair and taking a spoonful of cereal. Eddy let it pass as he actually did what he was told despite his sharp mouth.

"Do you have everything?" Eddy asked as he watched the oldest boy put his shoes on. Elise luckily had a spot in a daycare, so he'd drop her off there after taking Aiden to school.

Brett had said he could entertain Jack while they were out, even though he wasn't too certain Eddy actually was fit to drive after the lack of sleep. He didn't mind some alone time with this sweet little kid.

Once Eddy left, the silence in the house even made Jack look around for a bit from his position on Brett's arm.

"So, kiddo, what do you wanna do while cousin Eddy's away, huh?" he asked the boy, who turned his attention to him now. Jack reached out for Brett's glasses to play with.

"Heyhey, I need those to see, sweetie. Let me find something better, yeah?" he said, taking his glasses back and took Jack to find Tim.

The happy squeal from Jack when he saw the stuffed squirtle made Brett grin.
"So, a pokémon fan are you, huh?" Brett laughed and sat down on the couch with Jack next to him, supported partially by some pillows and Damian. "His name is Tim, and you have to be nice to him. He's my son."

Jack looked up at Brett when he was talking, but for the most part his tiny hands were busy trying to grab Tim who was around half his size. When he got a hold of his blue arm and lifted him up he squealed.
"Wow, you're so strong little guy," Brett praised with a grin, but Jack seemed to be in his own game for the most part.

When Eddy came back from dropping off Aiden and Elise, the view that met him was absolutely adorable.
"One foot at a time, come on," Brett said, holding Jack's hands and helping him walk. "Damn you almost got this, good job!"

"Hey you two," Eddy said with a smile after enjoying the view for a bit. He had to admit that Brett was amazing with kids, and he looked rather hot dealing with them.

Brett looked up at Eddy with a smile.
"Hey love. Dropping off went fine?" he asked before turning his attention back to Jack who had turned around and was now supporting himself against Brett's leg.

"Yeah, no trouble at all. Auntie had called and let them know I would be taking care of them for a few days so it was no trouble," he said, sitting down next to Tim in the couch. "You two have had a great time?"

Brett picked up Jack and tickled him a bit to make him laugh before sitting down pn the couch with Eddy adn Tim. Immediately, Jack stretched to try and grab Tim on the other side of Eddy.
"Yeah, he's a good kid. Easy to deal with."

Eddy kissed Brett's cheek quickly before handing Tim over to Jack.
"It probably also helps that you seem to just know how to deal with kids," Eddy said, wrapping his arm carefully around Brett's waist as Jack kept playing with Tim on Brett's lap.

"I guess it helps being an older brother," Brett shrugged. "You know I was put in charge of the younger kids at literally every family reunion."

Eddy chuckled at that and rested his head on Brett's shoulder, watching Jack babble to the squirtle and moving it around.
"I think it's hot, seeing you deal with kids," Eddy admitted, kissing his cheek again.

"I guess we'll have to babysit more often, then," Brett shrugged, trying to hide the sting in the sentence he'd just uttered. Jack sensed the change in tone, though, and looked up at Brett with big eyes. Brett ruffled Jack's hair and smiled at him to encourage him to continue the game.

Eddy let out a tiny sigh, but didn't say anything. What could he even say?