81.

"Please bring me cookies from the store, Bretty mine?" Eddy asked a few days later, giving him the big puppy eyes as he walked past with his freshly written shopping list. Eddy was busy with some administrative work related to their channel, otherwise he would have come with him to the store. He had paused mid-email to ask for the cookies.

"What kind of cookies do you want, then?" Brett asked, finding the pen he had been using to write the list from the pocket of his jeans. "The ones with the large chocolate chips?"

"Yes please! Thank you, love," Eddy said, holding his arms out to indicate he wanted a hug. Brett walked up to him and kissed him softly on the top of his head instead.

"Anything else you know we need from the store?" Brett asked, running his hand absentmindedly through Eddy's soft hair. "And before you mention it, I already ordered lube, so I won't pick up that from anywhere."

Eddy snorted and leaned into Brett's touch, enjoying the feeling of Brett's soft fingers gently playing with his hair.
"How could you possibly know that's what I was going to say?" he grinned, leaning back against the armrest of the couch until his head rested against Brett's stomach where he was standing behind him next to the couch.

"Because you're a horny bastard?" Brett suggested innocently, brushing Eddy's bangs out of his face.

"Got me," Eddy grinned, closing his eyes. "But I don't know what more we need. Did you check if we have eggs?"

"I'm getting eggs. That's all we eat anyway, isn't it," Brett laughed before letting Eddy go after a quick kiss. "I'll head out them. Text me if you think of anything else we need, okay?"

And off he went. His mind was racing, trying to think of something to get Eddy for his birthday. It was only a few days away now, and honestly he had no idea. He had thought of getting him concert tickets to see a perfomance of a variety of Debussy's music, but by the time he had gotten around to buy them it was all sold out. He had thought of getting him some sheet music he'd been considering getting for a while, but Eddy was quicker getting it himself. It arrived in the mail just the day before.
Why did he have to make it so difficult for him?

He parked in the parking lot of the grocery store and just sat there for a moment. Getting Eddy birthday gifts had never been difficult before, but it felt like there was so much pressure now. He used to be able to get away with getting him something stupid like a new sweater or a piece of chocolate. Now the present had to have some thought put into it, and it made everything a thousand times harder.

"I guess I can play him 'happy birthday' if all else fails," he muttered sarcastically before stepping out of the car and heading into the store. Why did it have to be so hard?