73.

For the first time in a long time they had slept in their own rooms, and when Eddy woke up the following morning he felt like the biggest jerk on the planet. What had he even been thinking?

He sat up in bed and rubbed his face, trying to will the awful feeling in his stomach to go away. It didn't work, of course. With a sigh, he got out of bed and got some sweatpants and a hoodie on before heading out to the kitchen.

The sight of Brett by the stove made him feel sick. He was cooking eggs for both of them.
"Morning," Eddy said hesitantly, still standing by the door. Brett turned to look at him quickly before turning back to the eggs.
"Morning," he mumbled back, and his tone made Eddy feel even worse. "I'm making breakfast. Could you set the table, please?"

Without a word, Eddy began setting the table. It wasn't until he was fetching the glasses he heard a tiny sniffle from Brett, causing him to freeze for a moment. Shit.

"Brett... About... About yesterday..." he began, setting the glasses on the table and turning to look at him.
"I don't want to talk about it," Brett mumbled quickly, not turning to look at him.
"I just w..."
"Look, I'm sorry, okay?" Brett said quickly, turning to look at him. His eyes were red, likely from crying and he looked like he hadn't slept all night. It made Eddy feel awful to see. "I fucked up, I overreacted."

Eddy just stared at him, confused.
"W... What?"
"I'm so sorry, Eddy," Brett repeated, looking at him. "I'll make it up to you, I just... We can't do public stuff like that."
Eddy stepped over to him and pulled him into a hug, feeling Brett bury his face in his hoodie.

"No, Brett, I'm sorry I pushed you to that. I was a jerk and you don't have to make anything up to me. You didn't do anything wrong. Nothing."
Brett shook his head, and when Eddy pulled away to look at him a tear ran down his cheek.

"Bretty, love, I swear to god you didn't do anything wrong. I pushed you, and I shouldn't have," Eddy whispered, wiping his tear. "I took it too far, love."
"It's... Don't apologize, Eddy..." Brett said, kissing Eddy's cheek. "Let's... Let's just forget it, yeah? Let's..."
Eddy leaned down and kissed him softly.

Brett quickly pulled away.
"Shit, the eggs," he exclaimed, pulling away from Eddy to pull the frying pan off the stove. Eddy couldn't help but laugh a bit.
"All ready for some well fried eggs," Eddy joked, kissing the back of his neck. "Or I can make you some new ones, if you want."

They chose the second option, and Brett fell asleep at the table waiting. Eddy let him sleep, thinking he probably needed it. A sting of guilt stabbed his heart, but he tried to ignore it. Instead he made a proper omelet for once with cheese and everything. As an apology.