26.

A few days passed with the regular cuddle after work, but they usually still slept in their own beds. It was as if both wanted to offer their bed to the other, but neither did.
Brett had been awke a while and was in the comfy chair doing some of the exciting administrative work that had to be done when you ran a popular YouTube channel. He heard Eddy move around in his bedroom, and expected him to pop his head into the living room and ask if he wanted some breakfast soon. That's what happened every morning.

That's not what happened this morning, though. Instead, Eddy shuffled into the living room and leaned over the back of the comfy chair in an attempt to get a hug from Brett without disturbing his work.
"Morning sunshine", Brett said with a small smile, not moving his eyes from the email he was in the middle of typing. Eddy kissed the top of his head.
"Bretty? Will you go out and have breakfast today? Ray told me about a diner type place that's not too far away, and I wanna check it out..." Eddy said with the sweetest voice. Brett tilted his head back to look at him.
"Like a date, you mean?" he asked, smile widening. Eddy grinned.
"Yeah, my treat this time."

And so they were on their way to their second date, this time a breakfast date.
"What kind of food do they have there? Is it like pancakes and stuff?" Brett asked as they walked side by side down the street with the buildings growing taller the longer they walked.
"Yeah, I think so. And eggs and stuff", Eddy added, more thinking about whether to grab Brett's hand or not. He didn't feel certain that Brett wanted that level of public affection yet, despite their very public fancy restaurant date.
"Sounds nice, can't wait", Brett said before pulling a hand through his still slightly ruffled hair. He hadn't bothered fixing it before they left, and now it decided to be all over the place. Eddy felt the butterflies in the bottom of his stomach at the sight. He definitely didn't mind Brett's hair the way it was now.

They sat down in a red fake leather booth when they arrived and a middle aged lady came over and handed them menus and asked if they wanted coffee right away, which they of course did. Brett quickly looked through the menu and decided on the "English breakfast"-option.
"What are you having?" Eddy asked while still reading the menu. The restaurant was mostly empty except an old man reading the newspaper at a table by himself. Really a perfect date location.
"Hmm the English breakfast, I think", Brett said and put down his menu. "What about you?"
"Hmm I don't know, the pancakes look kind of tempting..." Eddy's hand rested on the table and Brett reached over and intertwined their fingers.
"Sounds like a good choice", he said with a smile, and Eddy's cheeks lit up just as the server returned with their coffee.

"What's it gonna be today, boys?" she asked, taking out her notebook to jot down their order.
"Uhm, English breakfast for me", Brett said, turning his attention to her.
"Alrighty, and you?" she asked Eddy, who looked back at the menu.
"The pancakes, please", he finally decided, still with his fingers intertwined with Brett. The lady grabbed the menus.
"Alright, one English breakfast and one pancakes coming up", she said and smiled at them before heading back to the kitchen to let the cook know.

"I hope the food is good", Eddy said while absentmindedly moving his other hand to hold around Brett's hand as well. Brett had so soft hands, it felt almost like touching silk.
"Me too, I'm starving", Brett replied, looking down at their hands. He'd probably never admit it, but if he had to pick one thing he liked the most about Eddy's physical appearance it had to be his hands. The shape of them was perfect, and it felt like his own smaller hands fit perfectly in them.

"Here's your food, hope you like it", the lady said, placing the plates in front of them before a quietly adding: "And I'd tone down the affection, boys, Larry in the corner over there isn't known to be kind to people like you."
Brett opened his mouth to reply, but she bounced off as soon as she had finished her sentence. He looked up at Eddy instead, who still had his hands carefully wrapped around his.
"I suppose I need my hands to eat anyway", Eddy said with a sad smile and let Brett's hand go. Brett sighed.
"I guess", he said, pulling the hand Eddy had held back.

They ate in silence, neither really knowing what to say after that. In a way, they felt ashamed of being called out like that. Brett felt himself grow more annoyed with the fact that they let a man they didn't know decide what they could and couldn't do.
After they both finished, they were still just sitting quietly, until Brett had enough.
"Eddy?" he asked to get his attention, and leaned over the table to kiss him as soon as he had it. Eddy's cheeks got a beautiful shade of pink. "I don't let other people decide whether I can show that I love you or not", he whispered after they pulled away, and Eddy couldn't help but smile.
"Well aren't you sweet", he said with a sheepish grin, taking Brett's hand between his again. Both of them ignored Larry's annoyed huffing, not offering him as much as a look.
"Look who's talking", Brett replied, enjoying the light caressing from Eddy's fingertips. "Thank you for taking me here, it's been nice."
Eddy shrugged. "I mean, it isn't as good as what you did..." He sounded almost sad, and Brett was having none of that.
"I perfer this, honestly. Much more cozy", he said, leaning over the table again for a quick kiss. "As long as I'm with you, it's perfect."
Eddy blushed hard. "I love you", he whispered, stroking the top of Brett's hand with his thumb.
"I love you too", Brett grinned. "Let's head home, yeah? We've got work to do today."