75.

The next few days went by with filming and administrative work followed by evenings of cuddling. Eddy's guilt feeling slowly eased up as things went back to normal, much to Brett's relief. He hated seeing Eddy struggle with it.

They were currently enjoying some takeaway pizza for lunch in between filming when Eddy's phone rang. Brett raised an eyebrow when he saw it was his aunt, and Eddy looked equally surprised.
"Damn, who has died?" Eddy mumbled sarcastically before taking his phone.

Brett kept gobbling on his pizza, barely listening to the half of the Chinese conversation he could hear. It quickly became obvious to him that filming would be cancelled for the rest of the day.

When Eddy hung up he ran his hand through his hair.
"Well, appearently my uncle has had a fall and is on the way to the hospital," he said, sounding like it wasn't too serious. Brett nodded.
"Let's hope he's okay, then," he said, taking another bite of his pizza slice.

Eddy shifted slightly.
"Yeah, but she asked me to look after the kids while they're away," he mumbled, looking up at Brett. "And I kinda had no choice?"

Brett shrugged.
"I don't mind. When are they coming?"
Eddy exhaled, relieved.
"God thank you. I was worried you'd be annoyed. It's just until he's out of the hospital. And uh... They're on their way, actually."

A short hour later, his aunt had dropped off all three kids, some clothes for them and a travel baby bed as the youngest boy was barely a year old. They quickly decided the two older kids, a four year old girl and an eight year old boy would have to share Eddy's bed. It was already getting late, so first thing was getting everyone to bed.

"Let's get you guys to bed, yeah?" Eddy said, smiling down to Aiden and Elise who both looked like they just wanted to go to sleep right there.

"Where are we gonna sleep, Eddy?" Elise asked, looking up at him with sleepy eyes, taking Eddy's large hand for comfort as they walked through the house to the bathroom. Aiden followed them, while Brett tried his dardest best to comfort little Jack, a job Eddy was glad not to have.

"You and Aiden are getting to borrow my bed while you're here and me and Brett will share Brett's bed," Eddy explained, leading the two kids to the bathroom. Luckily they had brought their own toothbrushes and Aiden, who luckily got quiet when tired went about brushing his own teeth. Elise needed some help.

After little struggle, as the two older kids were too sleepy, Eddy got them to bed. He quietly made his way back to the living room. A smile formed on his lips at the sight that met him.

Brett was slowly swaying back and forth holding little Jack securely in his arms, humming Brahms' lullaby quietly. The little boy hadn't fallen asleep completely, but kept nodding off against Brett's shoulder.

Eddy leaned on the door frame, watching the scene unfold before him. It was amazing how well Brett was handling Jack, a kid he hadn't even met before. A warm feeling bubbled in the bottom of his stomach, and Eddy finally understood why Brett wanted kids.

They had placed Jack's bed in their bedroom so he wouldn't disturb the other kids at night and so they could be available if he cried at night, and as soon as Jack had fallen asleep Brett moved to place him in the crib.

"Sweet kid," Brett mumbled when he returned to the living room, dumping down in the couch next to Eddy.
"You're great with him, though," Eddy said, pulling him into a kiss. Brett smiled against his lips.

"Thanks, I try my best," Brett shrugged, leaning his head on Eddy's shoulder and closing his eyes. It would be a lie to say he didn't dream about how things could be.