29.

Eddy was distracted all evening, his mind repeating what Brett had said earlier. "It kind of looks like we just had amazing sex." How on earth could he say something like that and sound so incredibly normal? Without batting an eye?

"Eddy?" Brett said from the kitchen after looking through the fridge for something he wanted for dinner without luck. He got no response, so he went into the living room where Eddy sat in the comfy chair, looking like he was on a different planet mentally. He couldn't help but let out a quiet snort followed by a smile at Eddy's spaced facial expression.
"Eddy?" he asked again, watching as Eddy snapped out of it. "You there still?" The last part was added jokingly, and Brett leaned against the doorframe to the living room.
"Yeah yeah", Eddy said, blushing at his own thoughts from seeing how incredibly hot Brett was doing something as normal as leaning on a doorframe.

"I'm thinking of getting some takeaway, because cooking is stressful. Do you want something?" He pulled some of his hair away from his face, waiting for a reply. It was obvious to him that Eddy was incredibly flustered, but he didn't really understand what was causing that all of a sudden. Had he suddenly turned into a hottie since the last time he checked the mirror, or what was going on? He didn't mind having that effect on Eddy, though. He actually rather liked it.
"Uhm, yeah, that would be nice actually", Eddy said, trying to sound like the pictures in his head weren't what they were.
Brett walked over to sit down in the couch, facing Eddy.
"Cool, what are we having? Chinese?" Brett asked, not really sure what he wanted to eat. That's what they usually got when they didn't know what to get.
Eddy shrugged. "I don't know, I kind of want pizza? But if you want Chinese..?"
"No no, pizza is good. What do you want on it? I can go get it."

And minutes later, Brett was out getting pizza with no mushrooms while Eddy tried to find a movie they could watch. His mind wandered back to Brett for probably the millionth time that day. Had Brett thought like this when he said what he said? It kind of sounded like the kind of joke he could have said before their... Thing? What were they even, now? Still just best friends? Dating? Definitely dating, they had been on two dates. It wasn't normal to do the deed after just two dates, was it?

His thoughts were interrupted when Brett returned with their pizza, and the random movie Eddy had in his hand the moment Brett stepped in was playing in the background. Some kind of action movie with bad effects and non original music. Neither of them were paying attention as they bit down into a slice of pizza each.
"Oh yes, this pizza is almost as good as sex", Brett joked, chewing on the first bite he had taken. Eddy felt his cheeks warm up slightly.
"Oh yeah? Got a lot of experience, have you?" he tried to joke back, but it ended up sounding more like a question than a joke. He looked down at his pizza slice as his cheeks flared up.
Brett's reaction matched Eddy's perfectly, flustered and embarrassed.
"Uh, I guess not a lot?" he half stuttered, pushing his glasses up. He had some experience, but all of that experience involved alcohol and a girl. He quickly took another bite of the pizza to avoid having to talk more.
"Right", Eddy mumbled, not sure what more to say. He knew Brett had some experience, or he had assumed so from that time Brett had disappeared during a house party and reappeared an hour later with a purple mark on his neck.
"And you?" Brett asked after a while, a small attempted joking smile on his lips. He was actually just curious, but tried to hide it behind a joke.
"I uh... Not really...", Eddy mumbled, moving his eyes to the action movie they weren't paying attention to while trying not to seem as embarrassed as he was.
"I thought you had a girlfriend at some point? That flute girl?", Brett asked, not trying to sound like he was joking anymore. Eddy's cheeks felt like they were going to burn up.
"We never got uh... to that, I mean, to actually do it."
Brett nodded while shoving the last piece of his slice in his mouth. He chewed slowly, trying to think of something to say or do. He studied Eddy's pink stained cheeks for a second extra before swallowing his pizza.

The movie ended before anyone found anything else to say, but the kind of weird silence between them was interrupted by Brett's ring tone causing both of them to jump one meter straight up. He stretched over to his phone lying on the table next to the almost empty pizza box and answered it before seeing who it was.
"Hello?" he said with Eddy looking at him, trying to figure out who was calling.
"Hey, Brettybang! You boys coming out tonight? Me and Jordon is meeting some people and thought it would be cool if you joined!" Ray asked excitedly through the phone.
"Hey Ray, let me put you on speaker phone, okay?" he said, moving it from his ear to press the loudspeaker button.
"Hey Ray", Eddy said with a tiny smile even though Ray couldn't see him.
"You boys coming out tonight with me and Jordon? It's gonna be fun!"
Brett and Eddy's eyes met as they had a silent discussion just through eye contact.
"Sure", Brett eventually said with Edfy nodding in agreement.
"Perfect, see you at six same place as last time, kay? See ya!"