10.

Eventually, Brett's puking had calmed down enough for him to trust his stomach to be chill while he moved to his bed. He had caught himself thinking that Eddy's bed definitly was more comfortable, but made himself as comfortable as possible with what he had. Eddy was in the kitchen making some breakfast for the two of them. Normally, Eddy would laugh at him for bringing the hangover onto himself, and Brett didn't really understand why it was different now. Had this anything to do with their more physical friendship?

After around half an hour of hiding under a pillow to escape the daylight, he heard a light knock on his bedroom door.
"I brought the food to you, can I come in?" Eddy asked, politely waiting for a reply. He didn't want to run in on Brett changing or something like that. That would definitly be too much for Eddy's (not so) innocent heart.
"Yeah, come in", Brett grunted, feeling the headache worsen even from the sound of his own voice. The door swung open slowly, revealing Eddy struggling to hold a tray containing two plates of eggs and bacon and a cup of coffee. The smell of it filled the air, and Brett could feel his stomach becoming upset just from the scent.
"I brought you something for the headache as well", Eddy commented as he put the tray down on Brett's nightstand.

They ended up sitting in Brett's room eating, the two of them. Eddy sat cross legged on the foot end of Brett's bed while Brett rested his back against the wall in the other end.
"Did we have fun last night, then?" Brett asked, trying to make a joke. "I don't think I remember much after I told YOU to stop drinking." He made a short laugh, but ended up stopping because it worsened his headache.

Eddy felt some nervousness creep in on him, something he normally didn't feel too much of around Brett.
"Well, I thought it was fun. You don't remember who you talked to or what you talked about or anything?" Eddy took a bite of his eggs, hoping the question wasn't too obvious.
"Nah, not after that shot, the one that tasted like liquorice. That was horrific."

The two shared a short laugh, before Brett caught what Eddy was really asking. "Why, did you tell me who your crush is and is hoping I forgot?"
Eddy laughed nervously, shoving another forkful of eggs in his mouth and chewing slowly before answering.
"I didn't, but Ray did. Do you remember?"
Brett furrowed his brows, jealous simply of the fact that Ray knew.
"Why does Ray know when I don't?" Brett asked, making no effort to hide the jealousy and disappointment in his voice. Eddy couldn't help but laugh a bit at Brett's reply, in one way relieved he didn't remember but at the same time a bit disappointed.
"Well", Eddy said, pushing some food around his plate to deal with his nervousness. "He figured it out."
Brett groaned at the reply. "How on earth is it possible that Ray figured it out when I can't? We see him like once every two months! He can't possibly know you better than I do!" At this point Brett was frustrated to say the least, mostly with himself for not being able to tell when it felt like literally everyone else knew. Was he blind or something?

Eddy's reply was just a shrug as he chewed on some well fried bacon. He caught himself wondering how far he could move with the touching-thing they had going before Brett caught on, though, as he very obviously wasn't taking the hints as they were now. Maybe he should test it?