79.

"Have anyone told you how gorgeous you are while cooking?" Eddy purred in his ear, sneaking his arms around Brett's smaller frame from behind. Brett snorted.

"I think you've mentioned it, yeah," Brett mumbled, flipping the pancake he had in the pan. "Have I mentioned how hot I think it is when you set the table instead of flirting, huh?

"I rather think you like the flirting too," Eddy grinned, pressing his lips softly against the sweet spot just below his ear. Brett tilted hisnhead slightly and licked his lower lip as the slight ticklish sensation created tiny sparks.

"I... I guess," Brett stuttered, swallowing hard. A hint of nervousness he hadn't felt in a while built in the bottom of his stomach, and it was rather unpleasant.

Eddy kissed the back of his neck quickly and let him go.
"Just I guess? I suppose I have to try and turn you on by setting the table instead," he joked, reaching into the cupboard to grab some plates.

"Heh, yeah," Brett said quietly, looking down at the pancake. The ball of nerves in the bottom of his stomach wasn't letting go.

Eddy sensed the weird mood, but didn't really understand what it was. After setting the table he sat down and watched Brett finish the last few pancakes, trying to understand.

"Brett?" Eddy asked, studying his reaction. Did he tense up?
"Yeah?"
"Are... are you okay? Something feels off," Eddy asked, running a hand through his hair. "Is something going on?"

Brett moved the stack of pancakes to the table, way too slowly for it to be natural.
"I uh... I'm fine, don't worry about it, love," Brett said, sitting down across from him. "I'm just being silly, really."

"Tell me about it anyway?" Eddy suggested, reaching over the table to hold his hand. It made him nervous that Brett refused to meet his eyes.

Brett sighed and let Eddy take his hand.
"It's just... I don't know, I'm just so nervous about... about sex now, and I know it's stupid because of course you wouldn't do anything vaguely like... like the public thing..."

It was obvious on Eddy's face that a big pot of guilt had started brewing in his stomach, which was exactly what Brett had wanted to avoid. Brett opened his mouth to speak, but Eddy was quicker.

"God, I'm really so sorry about that whole thing, Brett. I really am, I messed up big time and..." Eddy began, but Brett interrupted him.

"Stop that right now," he said firmly, shaking his head. "That talk right there is exactly why I didn't just tell you right away, okay?"

Eddy nodded quietly, not knowing what to say. He stared down at their hands. The bad feeling didn't go away.

"It's gonna be fine, it's just... I don't know, like when you puke after drinking something specific. It'll make you sick until you have a good experience with it again."

Eddy had to raise an eyebrow at that, and it didn't help when Brett snickered after.
"Let's eat pancakes and then fuck, okay?" Brett suggested with a shy smile, rubbing a thumb over the back of Eddy's hand.

"If you're sure, then I'd love that," Eddy said, not able to help the smile forming on his lips. "Sorry about the bad experience, though. I really am."

"Shut up and eat your pancakes, silly," Brett said, licking his lower lip. "Just accept me not being the beast I normally am, and it's cool."