23.

The evening had turned to night when the two boys found themselves on their couch with a movie on that neither were paying attention to. Brett was resting his head in Eddy's lap, feeling the soothing effect of getting his hair played with.

"I still think it's a bit hillarious that you thought I was sick", Eddy mumbled, moving some of Brett's bangs away from his forehead. Brett stuck his tongue out at him, but the gesture was only half-assed as he was getting so sleepy.
"I mean, I just wanted to take care of you, and you literally had red hot cheeks every time I looked at you." Now it was Eddy's turn to stick out his tongue.
"That's just because you made me nervous, you know", Eddy countered, leaning down to kiss Brett's forehead.
"And now I don't?" Brett asked, followed by a yawn. He was so close to just falling asleep, but he didn't really want this day to end just yet, so he sat up facing Eddy instead, crossing his legs in the couch.
"I'm not as nervous about you potentially hating me anymore, no", Eddy mumbled, taking Brett's hand between his. Brett sighed, looking down at their hands.
"Did you really think I could hate you for that?" His voice was sad, almost disappointed.
"I didn't know, I had never confessed my love for you before, you know?" Eddy looked up at Brett, trying to see his reaction. Brett smiled at him.
"Well, technically, you didn't really either. You just kissed me, and I made some assumptions."
"Do you want me to?"
"Yes."
It was quiet for a while, Eddy really trying to find the right words. Brett's eyes searched Eddy's for doubt, but found none.
"I don't even know how to explain how I feel, honestly", Eddy said, laughing nervously and looking down on their hands. "Which kindof is why I just kissed you in the first place."
Brett nodded patiently, feeling Eddy's nervousness through his hands.
"I just really, really love you. Like a lot, and I think I kindof always did, but not always like this?" He took a deep breath. "This kind of happened gradually, and suddenly I just wanted to kiss you and all?" Eddy's cheeks lit up, trying not to think of the other stuff he 'suddenly' wanted to do with Brett while he searched for approval in Brett's expression. Brett smiled that sweet smile that made Eddy's knees weak.
"You're so sweet, you know that?" Brett said, copying Eddy from the restaurant and causing Eddy's blush to deepen. "I still kindof think I prefer your original confession."
Eddy laughed, his nervousness seeping through.
"You mean, when I kissed you?" he asked, knowing the answer. "It was very effective, you should try confessing like that." The teasing tone of his voice gave Brett a similar nervous laugh as Eddy's. The obvious invitation made the butterflies in his stomach go wild.
"You want me to kiss you?" Brett asked, even though the answer was obvious. A smile was playing on his lips and he subconsciously leaned closer to Eddy, who mirrored his movement.
"I do", Eddy half whispered, and Brett's eyes moved down to his pink and so kissable lips.
"Alright", Brett exhaled and closed the gap between them, still feeling Eddy's soft hands encapsuling his smaller hand resting in his lap.