When You Come to His Rescue ~Jay

"This is so frustrating!" You scream at Cole across the room.

"I know, (Y/N)." Cole says walking over and putting a comforting hand on your shoulder.

"It just doesn't make sense! We've searched everywhere for him!"

"Don't worry, we'll find him." Cole says hugging you.

"But will we find him in time?" You ask hugging Cole back and finally letting the tears slip down your face.

"Yes, I know we will. Besides, Jay is stubborn. He will fight the whole way."

"Y-Yeah. You're right." You say giving a slight chuckle.

"Alright. Listen. Let's think. We've searched everywhere on land, and we've searched underground. Where else could Jay possibly be?"

"The sky, but that doesn't make any sense. Does it?"

"Actually, it does. There are sky islands. It doesn't hurt to look." Cole says finally breaking the hug.

"Yeah, but how do we do that?"

"We have the bounty." Cole says looking at you confused.

"I know that, but I want to rescue Jay myself. To prove to him I can do it." You say pleadingly hoping Cole would understand.

"Can I at least help? I can get you in the skies, and give you a quick getaway, but you get to go down, rescue him, and do all the work. Please? I just want to help in case anything goes wrong." Cole says with puppy dog eyes.

You really do need someone to get you to the skies, and it would be nice for a quick getaway. You know Jay's captures will be chasing you, and don't know what Jay's condition is.

"Yeah, that's fine. But how?" You ask thinking he doesn't have a plan.

"Follow me." He says leading you outside.

You watch as Cole stands there and concentrates, as a dragon materializes out of thin air underneath him.

"What? How'd you do that?" You ask taking Cole's extended hand and climbing onto the dragon's back.

"You can do a lot when you concentrate!" Cole says as the dragon ascends in the air.

You two ride around hoping to find something suspicious somewhere, but after several hours, it seems like there is no hope.

"Cole, what if we never find him? Do you think they'll kill him?" You ask hugging him from behind.

"Don't worry we'll find him. Besides Jay is too stubborn to kill off." Cole says trying to lighten the mood.

You keep going until you spot a ship in the distance.

"Cole, that isn't the bounty, is it?" You ask pointing at the ship in the distance.

"No, that's Nadakhan's ship. I bet you if Jay is anywhere, that is where he'll be." Cole says flying faster in the direction of the ship.

Cole flies up beside the anchor and stops, so no one can see you.

"Alright, listen. I'll stay here, you climb up the anchor and find Jay. When you need to escape, just come jump off this side and I'll catch you. Sound like a plan?" Cole says taking your hands in his.

"What if I can't get to this side?" You ask looking away.

"Then just jump. I'll catch you." Cole says smiling sweetly at you.

You kiss him on the forehead, and start your ascent up the anchor. When you land on deck, no one pays attention, so you hide behind some crates, and see if you can find Jay. You look around, and don't see him anywhere on deck, so you sneak around and see if you can find any place these people would be hiding Jay. You see a hatch that leads below deck and decide to look there. Just as you're ready to sprint out, someone spots you, and starts heading in your direction. There's no place to hide, and you hope they get distracted before they find you. Unfortunately, that is not the case, and you look up to see a green serpentine standing in front of you. He looks at you for a minute, and you hold your breath.