~ 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓣𝔀𝓮𝓷𝓽𝔂-𝓣𝔀𝓸 ~

Chapter Twenty-Two: Explanations

October was flying by, Lina was so busy with quidditch practice which took up between two and three of her evenings, lessons, homework and then having time to just relax with her friends

October was flying by, Lina was so busy with quidditch practice which took up between two and three of her evenings, lessons, homework and then having time to just relax with her friends. Before she knew it, it was the eve of Halloween.

"The first trip to Hogsmeade is on Saturday," Lucy told her three friends as she came in late for breakfast.

"Finally I need some new ink," Danny said.

"Maybe if you stopped knocking yours over every five minutes you wouldn't need a new bottle only two months after term started" Lucy started sitting down opposite Danny.

"It's not like I do it on purpose."

"You couldn't tell."

"And they're off" Lina mumbled to Cedric "this has got to be a record, they've only been awake an hour."

"Believable it's only taken them half-hour before" Cedric replied, "have you finished eating?"

"Yeah why?" as she answered she took a bite of toast.

"I doubt they'll notice if we leave" the two looked at their friends who were still arguing.

Lina pocketed a slice of toast "let's go."

"What have you got now?" Cedric asked.

Lina thought for a moment before remembering "charms."

"I'll walk you.'

"Alright" Lina knew Cedric wouldn't take no for an answer so to save an argument she agreed.

The pair walked together in silence, their shoulders touching, it was only when they got to Lina's class that Cedric brought up a subject he had been thinking about since he woke up. "Are you going to be alright tomorrow?"

Lina blinked "I'm surprised you remembered."

"It's important to you, of course, I remembered."

"Thank you Cedric, but I'll be fine" she gave him a smile and hug before entering her class.

***

It was a lie, Halloween day came and Lina did not feel alright. Nine years today, nine years that had passed in the blink of an eye. Lina laid in her bed awake, one hand holding her necklace that was resting above her heart the other absentmindedly stroking Demeter.

The world around Lina was moving, the girls in her dorm were getting ready for the day, house-elves were adding the final touches to today's breakfast and teachers making sure they had everything for the lessons they had planned but yet Lina felt still, she never wanted to leave the comfort of her bed.

"Hey" Lina looked to the doorway where Lucy was standing already in her robes.

"Hi" Lina replied sitting herself up "I'm fine before you ask."