~ 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓣𝔀𝓮𝓷𝓽𝔂-𝓣𝓱𝓻𝓮𝓮 ~

Chapter Twenty-Three: Faking Being Well For The Sake Of Carrying On

"Lina are you alright?" Danny asked his friend with a worried eye.

"Fine" Lina replied not looking up from her homework she was doing, her hand was moving across the page so quickly it looked almost like a blur.

"You sure, you look a bit stressed."

'I didn't get the chance to finish my herbology homework last night and it's due first" if possible her hand moved even quicker across the page, the only time she even remotely looked up was when she checked her herbology book which was standing up against a jug.

"Why not?" Lucy asked.

Lina groaned, she really needed to get this done "because I had a lesson with Professor McGonagall" ever since the incident with Flint Lina had been having extra lessons every Tuesday and Thursday learning to control her newfound powers. Currently, she was going over every spell she had learned in her first year and how to do non-verbal spells.

"Eve, you look ill, when was the last time you slept?" Cedric softly asked.

Lina paused for a second before she continued writing "the last full nights sleep must have been two weeks ago."

Unseen by Lina her three friends glanced at each other worried "that's not good."

Lina waved them off and started to collect her things into her bag "I've got to go to class, see you all later."

It was her last lesson of the day, History of Magic with Professor Binns, that the girl's lack of sleep finally began to catch up with her. "I hope you don't get your hopes up for quidditch on Saturday" Fred whispered he was sitting to the left of Lina.

"I should be saying that too you" Lina whispered back, her head was resting on her hand and every now and then her eyes would stay close in a very long blink.

"Really when you look like you're about to fall asleep," George said from the other side of her.

"Do you think if I fall asleep I'd miss anything?"

"What in a Professor Binns class? Enjoy your beauty sleep princess" Fred joked.

Even though Lina had new fully closed her eyes, she didn't fall asleep, she couldn't, a part of her brain was very much aware she was in the middle of a lesson, even if it was Professor Binns. She wasn't any better off after the lesson if anything she was even more tired "shall we" she cut herself off with a yawn, her head seemed to be spinning but she shook it off "shall we head down to dinner together?"

"I think you're better off getting some sleep," George said.

"No" another yawn "I'm fine, besides I still have homework to finish" Lina started to sway on her feet, her eyes dropping again, her head was pounding as well "Really I'm fine" her eyes rolled to the back of her head as her body finally gave up, thankfully George was there to catch her limp body.