10

{Yoongi's POV}

"There we are....all nice and set up."

Yoongi carefully hangs every article of baby clothing in the closet of the second bedroom, his heart warm looking around at the freshly decorated baby nursery.

Alright.

Now Maki is all nice and set up to be in here when she gets old enough.

Now...to figure out this baby monitor.

Sitting down in the small pink rocking chair Yoongi puts his black glasses on and looks at the back of the box, his nose scrunching in confusion.

What kind of bionic shit is this.

"Okay. So you bluetooth it.."

Yoongi sits with each of the baby monitors in his hands, his jaw tight with agitation.

"Why can't I put together simple baby monitors?"

Yoongi turns quickly when he hears a soft cry emitting from his bedroom, his legs quickly carrying him to Maki's crib.

"Aigoo...what is it my little Maki?"

With a smile Yoongi carefully picks uo his daughter and holds her close, her crying slowing down and eventually coming to a stop.

"You just wanted Appa to hold you hmm? Alright. Let's check your diaper just in case then we can chill out, how does that sound?"

·············

"Jiminnie Christmas Maki. You're a stinky little child."

Maki coos and kicks her legs around as Yoongi quickly cleans her up and puts a fresh diaper on her, his fingers pushing the silver snap buttons of her onesie together.

"You got that from your mother, not me."

The baby continues to coo and stare up at Yoongi as he slips her binky in her mouth, her gums stretching into a light smile.

"You're already a spoiled brat."

Maki smiles at Yoongi and squeals when he picks her up and settles into his bed, his hand tugging his phone out of his pocket.

"Alright Maki, if You're gonna be awake at this hour, you have to help Appa pick out some furniture."

Yoongi clicks on a furniture website and begins clicking through couches, Maki's eyes watching the screen with wonder.

"We better not do a white couch..that'd get dirty too quickly. How about a giant futon?"

Maki moves her arms and coos loudly as Yoongi nods and adds it to the cart, his fingers moving on to TVs.

"You've got good taste Maki, you got that from me ya know, I have pretty good taste."

Yoongi fills up an entire cart full of furniture Maki helped him pick out amd sets the delivery date, his focus shifting to Maki as she sleeps soundly on his belly.

Aish...

She makes my heart ache so much...

How can something so little....give someone so much fear...

Yoongi simply sighs and holds his phone up to scroll social media until he hears a soft knock on his door.

What even?

Who comes over at this hour?

After very carefully putting Maki in her crib Yoongi makes his way to the door and opens it, the youngest member meeting him with a smile.

"Ah Jungkook...what are you doing out at this hour?"

"Ah...actually....PD Nim sent me to talk to you.."

Oh..

"Come in. I'm having furniture delivered tomorrow and Maki is asleep so we'll have to stand.."

"It's alright Hyung I know you're busy with Maki so I won't stay long....PD Nim just sent me to talk about your future with the group..."

"I figured that was coming pretty soon..."

"He already went through and made sure any evidence of Nanami Noona was removed from everyone's phones...he also ordered her name to not be spoke of in the company."

He's always watching out for me..

"Hyung he um....he said it's okay if you retire from the group....he already has a producer spot opened up for you...no more promoting or anything so you can spend more time with Maki.."

"Wow...really?"

"Mhm, he also said you don't have to make the decision right at this moment, he can give a seven month break announcement so you can have time to figure everything out for Maki...especially since the media doesn't know about her..."

Ahh...

The media...

What would they do if they knew about her?...

"Gosh...Kook I don't know...I don't want to let our fans down and retire...but I also don't want to leave Maki all alone...who would watch her for months when I'm gone? I just...I can't seem to think of a way to keep her safe...and continue with the group...."

Jungkook tenderly walks over to Yoongi and places his hand on his shoulder, a bright smile on his face.

"Hyung...it's like you said in the hospital...us as a group...we have all the Army to keep us afloat and keep us going. Maki only has you, you are all she has in this world and you have to be here to protect her. Plus you won't be gone! You'll still be able to make music for us! You'll always be a part of Bangtan, no matter what."

Yoongi smiles and gives Jungkook a tight hug before nodding, his throat aching with the giant lump formed.

"You're right Kook....Maki is my daughter...she doesn't have a mother...or anyone else to love her...I want to keep her out of the media for a while so no one knows about her...I don't want her blamed for all of this happening.."

"I agree Hyung. Keeping Maki out of the limelight is the best idea for her safety. Even though security is high here I would hate to see people flood the place trying to get photos of Maki.."

"Exactly. It isn't our fans that I'm worried about, it's the paparazzi, they'll go to any lengths to get phots.."

The two stand in light silence before Maki begins to quietly cry in her crib, Yoongi's heart breaking hearing her cry.

"I'll go Hyung so you can take care of Maki..."

"Alright Kook...and um...tell....tell PD Nim....that I....announce my retirement from Bangtan as a performer."

I'll be a good dad Maki...

I'll give it all up for you...I promise....

(A/N): UwU