94

(Yoongi's POV)

Hmm...this one looks nice...

"Hey Hyung."

"Oh hey Jimin, come on in."

"What...what are you doing?"

"I'm shopping for a bookshelf, do you think this one looks nice?"

"...Hyung why are you shopping for bookshelves?"

"Ah, I left Y/N-ah an album on the table this morning and I want to surprise her with a bookshelf to put it on. You know so she feels more at home."

"Wow...so you two are uh...really getting close huh?"

Turning to look at Jimin Yoongi feels his entire chest overcome with warmth thinking of his little family safely at home waiting for him, his lips stretching into a wide smile.

"Yeah...Yeah we are...I think she's the one Chim...I don't know how it happened..but I fell in love with her."

"I'm so happy for you Hyung...I Uh..I actually wanted to stop by and talk to you about something."

"Ah, okay go ahead."

Watching Jimin settle down on the couch in his studio and sigh Yoongi raises an eyebrow and spins his chair towards his friend, his feet flattened down on the slick wood floor.

"You know Hyung...since you have Y/N now to watch Maki...the guys and I were talking and..we wanted to know if you wanted to start doing some more activities with us...nothing huge! We don't even have our new album yet...but like local promotions and music videos...I think the fans would really like to see you come out of retirement for just small things..."

Hmm...this sounds familiar.

"Jimin...you know the reason I retired in the first place is because I have a daughter...right?"

"Well yeah! Of course...but since Y/N is here to be with her I figured maybe just some local stuff?"

Pushing his hand through his hair and heaving a deep sigh Yoongi leans forward and looks at Jimin in his eyes, slight agitation already laced in his voice.

"Jimin...just because I have Y/N-ah doesn't mean I'm going to come out of retirement. The fans will want to know why I had to leave in the first place and at that point Maki's identity is in danger."

"Yeah but we could talk with PD Nim and see if we can come up with some kind of story!"

"....Jimin...you know, Y/N was feeling kind of off yesterday and when I asked her why, she said almost the exact same thing you're saying right now. She wanted to know if I "missed it."

Yoongi watches Jimin's entire face turn red and his movements suddenly become nervous as he scratches the back of his neck, his lips pushing out in a small pout.

"I ran into Y/N at the grocery store...I helped her find the curry powder and I may have mentioned something about this..."

"Jimin, why would you do that?"

"Well you always toured with Nanami around before Maki was even born...so I thought I don't know..."

......he really...

"Jimin...I was bound by a contract I had to go on our tour. I didn't want to disappoint the fans and Nanami and I were just dating at that time. I didn't know she was going to get pregnant with Maki....had I have known at an earlier date, I would have cancelled the tour."

"Really?...you wouldn't have gone with us?..."

"I enjoy being a performer, and I have enjoyed this lavish life of expensive cars and promos and music videos, but that isn't me anymore. I'm a dad. I want to be...I want to be that dad that has time for their kids and watches them grow up. I wanted to be that for Nanami too, I'm done performing and I'm done doing shit in public. Next time you run into Y/N at a store don't bring up anything about performing, alright?"

"A-Alright Hyung...sorry..."

"I know you miss it Jimin, and I know that you're seeing the fans on social media ask about and think something has happened to me, but if I'm going to start this new chapter in my life I really need my best friend to do it with me."

As Jimin stands up and gives Yoongi a small hug he lets out a deep sigh, the air in the room weighing down with a light awkwardness.

"Ya know...Hyung...you haven't written me a song in quite a while..."

"Right, I've actually been working on one I think you'll enjoy. Here's the notebook, check over the lyrics and see if you like it."

"Really Hyung?! Oh awesome! I was thinking of having Jungkook do it with me, so I'll show it to him too! Thank you!"

"No problem. I'm still here to write songs for you and hang out with you guys, Yoongi is still here even though Suga has retired."

"...You're right Hyung...Thanks a lot..."

"You're welcome."

"Oh and by the way, I like the white shelf, our albums look pretty on white shelves."

"Oh! Really? Then I'll get that one. I'm picking it up after work from the store so I can set it up tonight at home."

"Awww that'll be fun for you guys...hey, maybe I'll get Y/N an album!"

"That would be nice Chim, do you want to stop by tonight?"

"Oh no Hyung you guys can have fun don't worry about me! I'm going to go work on this song and look it over I'm really excited, I want the fans to have a solo song on the album to listen to."

"Alright then Chim, I'll see you tomorrow."

"Bye Hyung!"

"Mmmm, bye."

Spinning around in his chair and clicking away on his computer Yoongi smiles at the tiny white bookshelf on his screen, the warm fuzzy feelings returning to his rapidly beating heart.

I can't wait to show Y/N-ah her shelf...I bet she's going to love it...

I'll put it on her side of the bed too so she can put her little girly things on it...

Should I get her a lamp?

Kind of like those dramas where they have matching lamps?

........better get a lamp.

(A/N): I'm beginning to near the end of this story 💜