76

{Y/N's POV}

"Come on Maki! Say it one more time!"

"Aaaaaaaa!"

"No come on! One more time! Say "Eomma!"

"Amamamama."

"No come on Maki! Eomma!"

"AMMAMA"

Sighing deeply you listen to the cackling baby sitting on the floor in front of you as you keep your phone against your ear, the familiar sound of the dial tone making you grunt.

"Your Appa isn't answering his phone Miss Maki. If you don't say it again he won't believe me! You have to say it Miss Maki! Say Eomma again!"

"AAAAAAPAPAPAPAPAA"

Lifting your head up to look into Maki's wide awake eyes you watch her hands lurch forward and press against your cheeks with a mischievous smile plastered all over her chubby cheeks, her tiny cackles practically mocking you.

"Alright then little miss. I know what you're doing here."

"Aaaaaaaa."

"This is blackmail isn't it? If I don't give you some thing worth your while I don't get to hear you talk."

Swooping Maki up off of the floor you watch her bounce happily in your arms the closer you get to the freezer, your hand carefully gripping onto the handle of the appliance.

"So this is what you want?"

"AAAAAAAAH!"

"Uh huh."

She is too clever for her own good.

Popping open the freezer and pulling out one of the soft fruit popsicles Maki happily waves her arms around and yeets one of the colored blocks in her hand across the room.

"Goodness Maki you're going to be quite the business woman when you get older. Your Appa better watch out or you'll be the one buying him things."

Setting her down in her high chair you mash up the popsicle into a smoother consistency so you can give her tiny bites of the food, her eyes lighting up with delight the second it hits her tongue.

"Now?"

"Eomma!"

Wow.

"Goodness little girl. You're too smart for your age."

Leaning forward and giving her another bite your eyes flicker to your phone that buzzes on the table in front of you, your eyes lighting up with excitement.

"Oh! Maki! Your Appa released his new song today! We can listen to it before he gets home so we can tell him if we like it."

"Papapapapapapapapapapapappppppa!"

"Mhm! Let me turn it on!"

Quickly clicking on the link you turn your phone up and set it back on the table before giving Maki another bite of the sweet treat, the melody already catching your attention.

Yoongi is such a genius at creating songs, I wonder what actually goes through his mind when he thinks of the lyrics-

"I've been trying all my life
To separate the time
In between the having it all
And givingitup, yeah"

The second the words hit your ears you drop the metal spoon on the floor and turn towards your phone as your entire face explodes into a deep blush.

He...

Wait...

Wait a second did I really hear that right?!

Listening to Yoongi's smooth rap you push your fingers through your hair and listen closely to the small melody twinkling from your phone speaker, your heart jump starting when Halsey's voice begins singing your mothers lyrics.

"I been trying all my life
To separate the time
In between the having it all
And giving it up, yeah (Hey)
I wonder what's in store
If I don't love it anymore (Hey)
Stuck between the having it all
And giving it up, yeah"

No...No way....

You carefully cover your mouth with your hand and sit at the table completely silent from shock, all the puzzle pieces suddenly coming together in your mind.

Wait...a second...

The night of the storm...when Maki was so upset and I put her back to sleep...that's the same night Yoongi finally finished his song...

He chose...my lullaby?...

I've never...had anyone do something like that...

Why didn't he tell me?

Did he think I wouldn't let him use it?...

Just when you're about to get over the initial shock of the situation the very last chorus strums through the room and your jaw drops open when you hear the double voice echoing through the apartment, your every thought now clouded with bewilderment.

That's-

That's my voice!

That's my voice with hers!

Where did he...

Did he record me singing it to her?...

No...

Getting up and grabbing Maki out of her high chair while heading into her room you begin looking around until you see the tiny camera places in the corner of the pink walls, your free hand moving up to rest on your forehead.

He used the security footage...to get my voice...

He...he thought...my voice was good enough to be in a song?...

He was working on that song for so long....and my lullaby is what finished it for him?...

Looking over at Maki who gazes at you with confusion you very slowly walk back into the kitchen and replay the song, your heart doing jumping jacks at the sound of the tender lyrics.

He wrote this song with intent...intent to send a message...

Setting Maki back down into the high chair you simply pick up the spoon and give her another bite of her popsicle as every negative feeling you've ever felt in your life becomes washed away with the melody of the song and replaced with an emotion you aren't too familiar with.

"Oh Miss Maki.."

"Ma?"

Giving her a wide smile and taking a moment to just gaze at the precious baby in front of you, you lean back against the wooden chair and let out a breathy chuckle.

"Miss Maki, I think I'm in love with your Appa."

"Pa!"

I can't hide it anymore...I've tried to be professional and tried not to allow these things to happen...but I can't help it now...it's true...

I'm in love with Min Yoongi.

Quickly turning the phone off when you hear a key being pressed into the doorknob you look up at the clock with confusion then back to the man that steps inside of the apartment, your eyes widening when you see the big bruise covering the corner of his mouth.

"Yoongi!"

(A/N): 😌