26

[Y/N's POV]

Alright...what should I bring to Maki today?

She really seemed to enjoy the ice cream...maybe a different flavor?

As you make your way down the busy city streets you notice a black SUV pull up beside you, the window rolling down to reveal Yoongi's driver, his face tight with light agitation.

"Miss Y/N. This is the fifth day you have evaded me."

"Well I...I just wanted to stop by the store...so I get up early.."

"I can take you to the store. Mr. Min has told me to drive you to his apartment by 8am. Until then, you have me."

"Wait really?"

The man tips his hat at you and gives you a soft grin while you slide yourself into the seat and set your purse beside you, your eyes glancing up at the mirror.

"Which store?"

"Ah...just the convenience store by the apartment...since it takes me so long to get there I just stop at that store..."

"Very well then. You know, I wait every morning in that hell district for you to come out. I have had people try to sell me tangerines out of a netted bag."

"That's all they've tried to sell you?"

The man looks back at you shocked and you stifle a small laugh as he chuckles, the car pulling to the side in front of the convenience store.

"You are quite witty Miss Y/N, I look forward to transporting you."

"Ah..um...thank you...I'll walk from here though..."

"Sure sure! No problem!"

After you quickly go into the store and pick out multiple snacks and ingredients, you watch the woman scanning each item, your mind wandering away thinking about Yoongi.

I wonder if I did something...

Was he upset with me?

Wait....does he not like the food?

Am I overstepping my bounds as a babysitter?

Oh no.

What do I do?

After paying the woman you look at the bags of food in your hands and you're suddenly overwhelmed with being self conscious, your feet shakily carrying you up to the apartment door.

What should I do with this stuff?

Should I throw it away?

Should I hide it in that bush at the end of the hall-

Your entire body jumps when Yoongi suddenly opens the door and looks at you with surprised eyes, Maki's sleeping face mushed against his shoulder.

"Ah..Y/N...I thought I heard something rattling outside the door..."

My hands were shaking the bags-

You feel your cheeks heat up with embarrassment as you quietly walk in and set the bags on the counter, your palms sweaty as you look at Yoongi.

"Um..Yoongi-"

"Y/N....Th-Thanks..for the food yesterday...and the laundry..."

Oh...

He...

"Oh um...You're welcome...I..I brought some more..."

Your heart practically hops out of your chest when Yoongi leans up against the doorframe and looks at you, his eyes trailing over your nervous form.

"What did you buy?"

"Eh? O-Oh! I bought the stuff to make some dumplings...they're really good with veggies..."

Yoongi continues to stare at you before he walks over and hands you Maki, his eyes lingering over your form as he notices the brightly colored ice creams.

"Enjoying sweets?"

"A-Ah! They're for Maki...she really likes these frozen pops..they're soft and apparently good for baby teething..."

"Can I have one?"

"Um s-sure? There's different flavors I brought raspberry, orange, banana..."

"Banana is fine."

You nod softly and hand him one of the ice pops as he sticks it in his jacket pocket and looks at you with a weird expression, his eyes glancing down at Maki.

"She slept well last night...I'll be home before dinner tonight so...I'll look forward to the dumplings."

Did he-

What-

But...he really hasn't said much about the food...

Your entire face heats up in an intense blush as you lean up against the counter, your heart slamming in your chest when you notice he's wearing some of the clothes you washed yesterday.

Get ahold of yourself Y/N.

Quit blushing!

Why are you blushing?!

And why does he look so nice in a button up shirt?!

"P....a...."

You look down at Maki and see her big round eyes sleepily gazing up at you as she grips your shirt, the tense mood breaking when Yoongi suddenly turns and grabs his keys.

"Bye Maki, Appa loves you."

Maki simply pushes her face into your neck and whines as Yoongi gives her a smile and looks at you while he walks out the door, his demeanor almost seeming nervous.

"I'll um...see you later Y/N."

"Y-Yeah...I'll see you later Yoongi.."

Quit stuttering!

After he shuts the door you stand there for a moment in the silence of the apartment, Maki's tiny fingers reaching for the ice cream the only thing snapping you out of your trance.

"Aw, you're right Miss Maki, I brought these just for you! Even though your Appa took one all for himself, I see you two are more dessert for breakfast people."

Maki looks at you and flashes a bright gummy smile just like Yoongi's, her eyes turning into tiny half moons as you hoop her nose with your finger.

"Goodness you look like your Appa. Even your smile is identical to his."

"Pa?"

"Yes Maki, you like like your Appa!"

"Pa!"

You give her a small giggle and walk over to the couch while sitting down with the ice cream in hand, Maki's eyes focused on the frozen treat.

I wonder why Yoongi was acting so weird...

Last night he acted so cold like I had done something wrong...and this morning he's just acting plain odd...

Was it the laundry?

Maybe he's happy he had clean clothes to wear?

He said he would be home for dinner...

Wait...

Does that mean we're all eating dinner together?

No way...that can't be...right?

"Pa!"

"S-Sorry Maki! Here's a bite!"

(A/N): 😉😏