28

"This is so precious..."

After getting Maki dressed and laying her down for her afternoon nap you stand in her room holding her baby book, Yoongi's scratchy handwriting filling the pages.

"Brought Maki home...she has a pink blanket and sleeps a lot...he's so descriptive."

You giggle softly and walk into the living room while settling down on the couch, your hand grazing over the small photo of Yoongi and Maki when she was an infant.

"Wow...she was precious even then...so small..."

Grabbing a pen from the coffee table you begin writing in one of the columns, your mouth stretching out into a smile the whole time.

"Maki laughed hard for the first time today, with a combination of ice cream and bubbles makes for a very happy little girl."

After putting the book back where you found it you go into the kitchen and open up the fridge, your cheeks filling with a blush when you see half the casserole gone.

Wow...

I'm so happy Yoongi's eating well..

Ryun never liked my cooking...he would always throw it away and make the chef make him some fancy exquisite food.

What a jerk.

Shaking off the horrible feeling that come from your ex fiancés mention you begin pulling the ingredients out of the fridge and placing them on the counter, a blush creeping up your cheeks as your mind drifts to Yoongi.

I wonder if he wants me to stay for dinner with him...

He said he would be home for dinner...

But does that mean just him and Maki?

Of course..it must just be him and Maki right?

I'm just the babysitter.

You begin to chop the ingredients and jump when the door suddenly opens and Yoongi walks in, his entire face turning red when he looks up at you.

"Ah..I um...I forgot my lunch...so I thought I'd come pick something up...plus check on Maki..."

"Ah she's asleep right now I just laid her down..."

"I see...so um..what are you making?..."

"Oh! Um I was going to make just some regular fried rice and kimchi stew...I was a bit rushed on time this morning because I couldn't pick a flavor of ice cream for Maki..."

"I like Kimchi Stew. I haven't had it in a while."

Yoongi avoids your gaze and quietly goes to the fridge and begins rummaging through it, your heart slamming in your chest when he pulls out the casserole.

Oh my god he actually likes it.

"Um...Yoongi?..."

"Yeah?"

"Why do you have so many boxes of potatoes?"

Yoongi's face gets an even darker shade of red as he begins spooning the casserole into a bowl, his voice soft a quiet when he speaks.

"It...I didn't have a lot of time when Maki came home...I needed something quick and something that could last me a really long time...since I wanted to stay hidden for a while to let things cool down, I pretty much just lived on those. Maki had all she needed in bottles and baby food."

Awww...

"It...It must be hard...trying to hide her..."

"It has been. I mean all of a sudden an idol just retires and goes into hiding? I'm still nervous people will start asking too many questions...the internet can be a bit harsh."

"I get that..."

After heating up the food Yoongi leans against the counter and begins eating the casserole, his eyes shyly gliding over to look at you.

"You're a pretty good cook."

Oh my god.

Min Yoongi thinks I'm a good cook.

"Uh...I-I...Th-Thank you..."

Hold yourself together Y/N!

Quit stuttering!

"I can't wait to taste the stew, I'm gonna head back to work, see ya."

"S-See ya.."

All you can manage is a tiny wave as Yoongi washes the bowl and quickly makes his way out the apartment door, your entire face feeling like it may explode from blushing.

He...

He said my cooking was good...

"P...a...."

"Coming Miss Maki!"

Quickly making your way across the apartment and into the room you look down at Maki, whose coal black hair is messy and rumbled from sleep.

"Are you ready for some lunch?"

"Pa...."

"Aigoo look at you."

Picking Maki up into your arms you hold her close to you and smooth her hair down as she grips your shirt, her other hand rubbing her sleepy eyes.

"Someone's still a bit tired, how about we lay on your blankie until you wake up enough to get hungry?"

You grab Maki's pink blanket and lay it down on the couch while you lay her down and grab her pink bunny plush, her tiny hands reaching in the air for it.

"Look, it's your Uncle Jungkook!"

Maki giggles and curls her toes while giving the bunny a hug, her gaze never leaving you as you simply stare at her.

"Oh Maki...you're so beautiful...your Eomma was sure lucky to have you...one day I know you'll probably be just as beautiful as she was."

Maki smiles up at you and rolls over on her belly, her socks practically coming right off her feet.

"Aigoo child keep your socks on!"

"Pa!"

"Maki!"

"PA!"

You grab her tiny foot and try to tug the sock back up as she giggles and pulls her foot away, her arms working hard to try and pull herself away from you.

"Maki!"

"Paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa."

You giggle and quickly scoop her up in your arms while pulling the sock back on and showering her cheeks with small kisses as she lets out a loud happy squeal.

"PA!"

"MAKI!"

Maki looks at you shocked for a second before reaching her hand down and grabbing her sock, her fingers tugging it off and throwing it onto the floor.

"Oh I get it, you wanna play a game?"

You pick up the sock and scrunch your nose while tugging it back on her foot, her loud giggle echoing in the apartment as she tugs it off again.

"Pa!"

"Maki! Leave your sock on!"

(A/N): lol I'm sorry this story seems like it's going nowhere