64

Mmmm....

What...

*POW*

You quickly sit straight up in Yoongi's bed when the loud clap of thunder strikes outside, the sound of Maki's crying making you immediately jump to your feet.

Aww...she must be scared of storms...

I'll go get her.

Tugging your silk robe off of the hook by the bed you pull it around your body and tie it before opening the door and making eye contact with Yoongi, his eyes full of exhaustion.

"Yoongi...what are you doing up it's four in the morning?...."

"Ah..I...I have to finish this song...I'm so close to being finished..."

Poor Yoongi...this song is driving him crazy....

"Alright...well I'm going to go calm Maki down..I um...I saw the crib in your bedroom if she doesn't calm down-"

"Y-Yeah! Yeah go ahead Y/N-ah...you usually wake up with her anyway so...it's fine..."

Oh Yoongi...

He's so tired....

"Yoongi...maybe you should take the day off tomorrow?...you're so tired-"

"The song is due tomorrow Y/N-ah...this is such an important collaboration song...I pull all nighters a lot so please don't worry..."

"Alright..."

Quietly making your way into Maki's bedroom you walk over to her crib and watch her teary eyes land on you and her arms immediately outstretch, another clap of thunder causing her screams to get louder.

"Aigoo...Miss Maki..."

Picking the baby up and laying her against your chest she quickly buries her face into the crook of your neck, her hands gripping onto the soft silk material.

"Awww it's alright precious girl....it's just a storm..."

Dragging your hand up and down her back you grab her blankie and new octopus while making your way over to the small rocking chair by the door, turning on the little lamp set on a table to illuminate the room in soft pink lighting.

"Shhh shhh shhh....alright then...let's calm down...I...I didn't have much of a mama when I was growing up...but I was in your position a few times...so all I can offer you is the song my mother sang to me...it's really short because she didn't have much time for it...but...I guess here it goes...don't judge my singing though! I'm not a singer!"

"M-Ma..."

"Alright...well...here I go..."

Well Mother...I guess your legacy can kind of live on with this dumb lullaby...

"I've been trying all my life to separate the time in between the having it all and giving it up, yeah....I wonder what's in store if I don't love it anymore....I'm stuck between the having it all and giving it up, yeah..."

The somber lullaby you sing to Maki brings small tears to your eyes as the baby gazes up at you in light shock, her fingers still gripping your robe.

"Mmmm there we go...would you look at that...it worked...."

"Ma?"

"How about we get your things and you can come in your Appa's room with me?"

"MA!"

"Alright then..let's go..."

..................................

(Yoongi's POV)