78

"Hey um...Y/N-ah?.."

Lifting his eyes up from his bowl of soup to look at Y/N carefully feeding Maki her own version of the soup he watches her look over at him warmly, his heart constricting at her gaze.

"Yes?"

"I...um...do you..do you like to read?"

"Read?"

"Y-Yeah! Like a ton of books and stuff.."

Amongst the small bubbles of Maki and the sounds of her hitting her hands on the plastic tray Y/N lets out a small laugh, a small sigh escaping her perfect lips.

"Mm...not exactly...I mean I guess like anyone else I could enjoy a good book...but I'm not someone who can sit for hours upon hours at a time and read.."

"Mm..."

The room falls into a light silence as Y/N returns to feeding his daughter and occasionally takes bites of her own food, a small smile twitching on Yoongi's lips seeing her face a little bit puffier than when she first came to the house.

She's eating well...I like it....

After dinner is done Yoongi helps Y/N put all of the dishes into the sink before sitting down on the couch with Maki, her hands carefully smacking the top of his legs.

"Aigoo kiddo, just look at you."

"PApaPApa."

"Mmm is someone getting tired? You're always asleep before this time."

"You can put her to sleep if you want Yoongi she was up early today."

Looking down at Maki Yoongi watches her pull herself up using his open hands and he catches her when she falls down towards him, loud laughter erupting through the room.

"You don't look very tired kid."

Y/N quietly walks over and joins the pair on the couch and sits cross cross facing Yoongi, their knees lightly touching together with Maki in between them.

"She's been sleeping less lately...I've noticed she's a lot more active during the day."

"Mm...that's good though..for a while her doctor was concerned about her sleeping schedule...I couldn't get her to stay up...maybe it's because I was boring."

"You aren't boring!"

"I was so exhausted by the time I got everything in the house done...I bet I slept as much as she did."

"I'll go put her down...she'll sleep all day tomorrow if I don't."

Yoongi's lips push down in a small pout when Y/N gets up and retreats to Maki's room, his eyes watching her body disappear behind the door.

Mmm...Y/N is so pretty...especially when she's holding Maki...

What does someone even do in this kind of situation?

I'm not the best conversationalist to begin with...but something like this...I've never really done...

Ask about her?

She probably already knows everything about me...my life is kind of thrown out there..

"Okay she's laid down..."

When Y/N returns to the room she settles back in on the couch while Yoongi bites the inside of his lip and clears his throat, his body leaning back onto the arm of the couch.

"So...um...what do you do...l-like as a hobby?"

Honestly.

"A hobby? Um...I wasn't exactly allowed to have hobbies growing up..."