~ 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓕𝓸𝓻𝓽𝔂 ~

Chapter Forty: End of year

It wasn't until the next day that Lina along with the rest of the school heard rumours about what Harry, Ron and Hermione had gotten up to that night, the rumours spread like wildfire everything from that Qurille had tried to kill them all to they...

It wasn't until the next day that Lina along with the rest of the school heard rumours about what Harry, Ron and Hermione had gotten up to that night, the rumours spread like wildfire everything from that Qurille had tried to kill them all to they had gotten into the third-floor corridor and gotten hurt.

Harry spent the next three days unconscious in the hospital wing, he received mountains of cards, sweets, flowers and even an attempted toilet seat. Lina sat by his bed every waking moment she was aloud, at night one of her friends had to come and take her back to the Hufflepuff common room just so she didn't accidentally fall asleep by his bed. 

One afternoon Lina went to visit Harry but she wasn't allowed in, Madam Pomfrey informed her that Professor Dumbledore was in there talking to a now awake Harry. Twenty minutes Lina waited until the door opened and Dumbledore walked out, Lina jumped up from her spot on the floor at the sight of him "ah Miss Black, I suspected you would be here."

"I don't have any classes right now" Lina quickly said.

Professor Dumbledore chuckled "you are quite alright Miss Black, I imagine you were quite worried about Mister Potter" Lina nodded "then I won't keep you any longer."

Lina mumbled a thank you and rushed into the hospital wing and straight to Harry's bed "I am so glad you awake. How are you feeling?"

"Good, I ache a bit but I'm fine" Harry replied sitting himself up in his bed.

"What really happened down there because I'm hearing all these rumours but what happened?" Harry explained everything to her from the Philosophers stone to fluffy to the different trials to Qurielle and finally to Voldemort, by the end of it Lina was sitting next to Harry in shock "you could have died! Voldemort could have killed you."

"But he didn't" Harry mumbled.

"But he didn't, that's what you're going with?"

"Yeah."

Lina sighed "there's no point in getting annoyed or angry with you because you've already done it but you did save everyone from Voldemort who was on the back of Quirrell's head. Oh my, Merlin!"

"What!" Harry said looking around the hospital wing like Voldemort was about to jump out.

"Christmas Day, we were all playing in the snow right, and I accidentally hit Qurielle in the back of the head with a snowball, oh my Merlin I hit Voldemort in the face with a snowball" Lina started to laugh uncontrollably, Harry soon joined in as well. Their laughter became so loud Madam Pomfrey had to intervene and send Lina back to her common room, still laughing she apologised, said goodbye and left leaving Harry still laughing.

***

"I will never get over the fact that you threw a snowball at Voldemort" Danny chortled.

"It was an accident" Lina defended blushing slightly.

"Still brilliant though."

Suddenly everyone in the hall went silent as Harry walked in, then everybody started talking loudly all at once "he looks alright" Lucy said.

"He is" Lina replied.

"An eleven-year-old beat Qurielle and You-Know-Who," Cedric said in a daze.

Lucy leaned over the table and placed a hand on Cedric's arm "don't worry Ced you'll always be Hufflepuff's golden boy."

Before any other remarks could be said Dumbledore arrived and the chatter died "another year gone" he said cheerfully "and I must trouble you with an old mans wheezing waffle before we sink our teeth into our delicious feast. What a year it's been! Hopefully, your heads are all a little fuller then they were before, you have the whole summer ahead to get them nice and empty before next year starts. Now as I understand it the house cups needs awards and the points stand thus! In fourth place, Gryffindor with three hundred and twelve points, in third Hufflepuff with three hundred and fifty-two, Ravenclaw have four hundred and twenty-six and Slytherin four hundred and seventy-two."

The Slytherin table erupted in great applause. "Yes, Yes, well done Slytherin," Dumbledore said "however recent events must be taken into consideration. I have a few last-minute points to dish out. Let me see yes, first to Mr Ronald Weasley for the best-played game of chess Hogwarts has ever seen in many years, I award Gryffindor fifty points."

This time the cheers thundered from the Gryffindor table, once there was silence Dumbledore continued "second to Miss Hermione Granger, for the use of cool logic in the face of fire, I award Gryffindor House fifty points. Third to Mr Harry Potter for pure nerve and outstanding courage, I award Gryffindor sixty points."

Doing quick math would show that Gryffindor now had four hundred and seventy-two points, the exact same amount as Slytherin, Dumbledore raised his hand to silence all the chatter "there are all kinds of courage, it takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies but just as much to stand up to our friends. I, therefore, award ten points to Mr Neville Longbottom."

It was the loudest applause from the Gryffindor table yet "which means" Dumbledore said over the noise "we need a little change of decoration." He clapped his hands and the decorations changed from the green, silver and serpent decorations of Slytherin to the scarlet, gold and lions of the Gryffindor.

After six years Slytherin had finally lost the house cup.