Prologue

The awaited arrival of foes so told

so the power within the dead to unfold

Thus reunited to create a diversion

to change the society of all given nation

A savior among these two sides flee

for the ending they lack of their disunity

_______________

TYLER

The  amount  of  pain  my  home  has  caused  is  astronomical,  but  the  peace  within  it  breaks  through  everyday.  The  dancing,  the  food,  the  people,  everything  that  could  possibly  spread  joy...  I  never  knew  what  true  peace  was until  I  came  here.  Though  it  earns  its  nickname  from  the  muggers  lurking  through  the  night,  waiting  for  their  target  to  be  in  their  reach  and  assault  them...  there's  one  thing  in  particular  that  will  never  fail  to  make  me  smile.

    "So...  once  I  walked  up  to  order,  I  couldn't  remember  what  you  said  about  your  favorite  flavor..."  Jamie  says  appearing  in  front  of  me.  He's  weirdly  holding  two  cups  of  ice  cream  from  our  favorite  ice  cream  place.  "You  either  said  chocolate  with  strawberry,  or  cookie  dough  with  strawberry...  I  couldn't  remember  correctly  so  I  got  both..."

    I  instantly  start  giggling,  and  place  my  hand  over  my  eyes,  shaking  my  head.  Jamie  starts  laughing  along,  "I  have  a  horrible  memory,  Ty!  I  told  you  you  should've  come  with  me,  dammit."

    He  sets  the  ice  cream  down  at  the  table,  walks  over  to  me  and  sits  in  my  lap. 

    "It's  fine,  I  like  cookie  dough,"  I  say,  accepting  the  extra.  I  hug  him  close,  him  pressing  a  kiss  on  my  forehead.  "Why  didn't  you  get  yourself  some  ice  cream?" 

    "I  tried  it  and  threw  up  the  following  night."  I  say.  I  give  him  a  look. 

    "Oh  come  on,  the  time  you  had  the  stomach  flu?  That's  different.  Come  on,  have  a  bite."  I  say,  spooning  out  some  ice  cream. 

    "No,  come  on,  I..."  he  mutters. 

    "Try  it,  try  it."  I  say  bringing  the  spoon  up  to  his  mouth.  He  sighs  reluctantly,  and  eats  the  ice  cream  from  the  spoon.  He  takes  the  time  to  process  the  taste,  and  turns  to  me, shrugging  joyfully. 

    "Wow,  that's  pretty  good  actually!  Never  knew  strawberry  and  chocolate  ice  cream  could  actually  go  so  well  together."  says  Jamie.  I  giggle. 

    "See? It's  good."  I  say.  He  gets  up  from  my  lap,  both  of  us  walking  through  the  city  as  we  eat  our  ice  cream. 

    "So  when  are  Sawyer  and  Eli  coming over?"  I  ask. 

    "Um,  the  day  of  his  birthday  actually,  so  Tuesday."  he  says.  Oh  right,  it's  Eli's  birthday.

    "Oh  yeah!  That  boy's  turning  twenty,  right?"  I  exclaim.  Jamie  nods,  smiling. 

    "Yep!  Sawyer  will  not  stop  texting  me  about  it.  She's  texting  me  every  waking  minute  of  every  day,  and  I'm  seriously  about  to  blow  ass,  like  'bitch!  I  know  I  need  to  be  ready  like  the  last  twelve  times  you've  said'!"  he  exclaims.  I  giggle,  almost  not  getting  how  funny  he  is.  "And  you  will  dance  with  me  at  his  party,  right?"