4

Jamie

In a blink, I'm greeted by a wave of brightness. Once my eyes see it, I cannot believe it.

I'm on an island. A large one. It's wide, so wide I can't see the end of it. The sky around me is bright blue, not a single cloud in sigh. I suddenly feel warm, rushing waves smash into my ankles. I gasp, turning around, and seeing shimmering, endless rushing water. The sand I walk in  sinks my feet as I turn around and walk.

"What do you see?" I hear Laura's voice echo throughout my head.

"An island," I say. "I'm on an island."

As I walk, I then start to see fog clear up something large. Taller. Hauntingly, the fog moves out of  the way, revealing a giant, tall building.

"There's a building," I say. "It's... white and grey. This might be the building Ty was talking about. You were right."

"Freemind really is a place..." I hear Sawyer say.

I walk even farther towards the building. The farther I walk, I see smooth cement and grass over the beach. I step onto the cement, and see an entrance to the building.

The greenery is majestic. I see vibrant flowers hang from the top of the building in neat baskets, as well as green on the ridges of the entrance. I walk down the beautiful, smooth, stone path around bright green grass. The grass is clean cut, and on each side, there are fountains. But once  I look at them closely, I'm struck with shock.

I exhale with a shudder.

"What? You okay?" I hear Tyler's voice exclaim.

I walk towards the fountains.

"There are fountains..." I say. "But there's no water... there's... lights..."

"What?" asks Sawyer.

The fountains contain no water, these fountains have beams of glistening lights showering out of  them to create a pool of illumination.

"I think Tyler was right..." I say. Something on the edge of my fountain catches my eye. I crouch down, and see a symbol. The symbol is so unique and different, it's haunting.

It's a circle. Within the circle, there's a mirror-like image reflecting an image, shown with two sides. It's a black image of a person of a side view, lines rising above their heads, an arm reaching out, and particles rising from their hands. But the wording below the circle... is what brings all shock to me.

 is what brings all shock to me

It reads,  Freemind.

"There might be people here like us..." I shudder.

I suddenly hear a loud, rumbling shift from behind me. I bolt around, and see that the large, grey  doors have opened. I see someone storming out. A woman.

I slowly walk toward the person, when I see another person storming after them. A man.

The woman has vivid blue hair, the end of it a darker shade of blue. Her hair is half up into two ponytails. She wears a grey tank top with a zipper, black leggings, and dark grey boots... the same exact symbol on her jacket.  Freemind's symbol.

"There's a woman." I say.

"A woman? You see people?" asks Sawyer.

"America!" calls the man. The man has light brown hair, and eyes so light blue they could seem silver. He wears a long dark grey coat, and a thin, gold crown worn around his head, with a dark blue jewel in the center. On the back of his coat, is the same symbol.

"She's... arguing with a man." I say.

"America!" snaps the man, grabbing the woman by the arm. She turns around, facing him angrily. "What are you doing?"

"I am tired of having this fight! You think I'm not ready but I am! Okay?" yells the woman.

"Mer, it's not that I think you're not ready! I think you're ready, just in the wrong way. We've seen the future, but we might've not seen all of it. I don't wanna see you or her fight or get hurt! Enough is never enough!" says the man.

"Oh now you're gonna go off with your bullshit saying! Here we go!" snaps the woman. She turns  around, storming away from the man. He bolts in front of her.

"We don't know the power Sawyer Harble can hold! She can be capable of so many things that we may not know! She may be terrible in your eyes but if you attack her she could fight back with a power unlike any other we've ever seen. We don't have to fight her! If we don't fight her, no one can get hurt! Please just listen to me and cancel the attack!" snaps the man.

A pit of sickening fear drops in my stomach.

What did he just say...? He said her name. He said Sawyer's name. Her exact, full name. How?! Wait, what?!

"Cyvil! I have had it! Her arrival... is just days away. I am days away from confronting Sawyer, I am days away to prove myself to the Children of 42! Just like Eden wanted me to do!" she shouts.

I think I'm gonna be sick... blurry spikes cut into the world, meaning I'm starting to lose it. The entire illusion in front of my eyes.

"Why does everything have to be about Eden? It's been three years!" snaps the man.

"You have no idea how much I need to do this. Sawyer doesn't even know what happened to her  mother yet. In fact, she doesn't know what's coming for her. Her real life is getting started." snaps  the woman. Wha... what?! Sawyer?! They know about her?!

This can't be real, this has to be fake. First Freemind is a real place, and the people here know who she is? They've seen into the future... which means... they have powers.

The world around me starts to shake.

"They know about you..." I mutter.

"What?" exclaims Sawyer.

"And when she arrives. It will be the death of her. And nothing can stop me." snarls the woman.

"They're... they're coming for you...!" I shriek. Her head slowly starts to turn. My direction.

Coming with a burst of terror, her head jerks at me, staring directly at me. She squints her eyes, yet they're wide with confusion and horror. I start hyperventilating.

Her hand reaches out toward me. No. NO! NOOO!

"Jamie?! What?! What's going on?!" exclaims Sawyer.

"Jamie!" shrieks Tyler.

A terrifying flash of light surrounds my vision, and in a blink, I find myself back in the chair... My eyes shoot open, and I fall onto the table, as if I'm clutching it for dear life. I let out a shriek as I start to breathe heavily.

"Jamie! Jamie, hey! Hey!" exclaims Tyler, his hands on my arm. My eyes widened.

"Hey, you okay what happened?" asks Sawyer, rushing to my side. Laura puts her hand on my shoulder, concerned.

"Hey, hey." soothes Tyler. He gently lifts me up. He pulls me close, trying to soothe me. Everyone starts rushing in.

"We heard a shout! What happened?" asks Lim. I turn to Sawyer.

"Jamie..." she says in a low, worried voice. "What did you see?"

"36.71, -122.80." I spit out. She blinks, not getting it.

"What?" she asks, confused. The numbers just came to me. What would those numbers... Oh my  God.

"The coordinates. I have them," I say. She looks at me, shocked like she doesn't even know what to think. I look at her, determined. "We did it. We found Freemind."