6

SAWYER

It's been days. We're finally out of Aradouge, and in the water. Eli, Lim, Laura and I are on Laura's yacht, because this is where the coordinates are leading us. Turns out, Freemind is an island, and is just miles away from the state of California. It should be in Monterey Bay National Marine Sanctuary. I've put my hair up in a high ponytail, a dark leather jacket, and short black boots to get ready.

I'm here studying the symbol Jamie drew out from inside, Laura's gotten incredibly sea sick, Eli's bored, and Lim's just controlling everything.

Eli sits down next to me at the coach as the yacht charges through the water. The inside is beautifully amazing. The kitchen, the furniture, all of it shines brightly.

"Still trying to figure out the symbol?" he asks.

"Yeah, I may be a little attached." I joke. He snickers. He knows when I put my mind on something, it's hard for me to let go of it.

"Hard to believe this island was this close. I just don't understand how it's this close to the US and no one's passed by it." says Eli.

"Yes, me too. But if they may be people like us, they could've done so many things to live." I say. Eli looks at me, and turns away in a worried manner. He walks out of the room and goes up to where Lim is driving.

"How long have we been on the water for?" I hear Eli ask Lim.

"Almost an hour. According to the GPS we're almost there." answers Lim. Eli sighs.

"I don't know how sick I'll be by then..." wails Laura in the back of the room, hovering over her knees. I look at her, feeling bad, and turn back to the symbol.

"You know, if we ever find this place..."

Eli's voice trails out of my mind, me dozing off.

Jamie said the people here know who I am. That's what I've been trying not to think about for the past three days, because it disturbs me to my core. He said they said things that sound like they know I'm coming. Like they've known for so long that I arrive... And it's just haunting to think about that. And that means, not only are there people here that know who I am... could there really be people here that know my life? And not only that... know my future?

Several more minutes pass, until we hear the GPS rapidly start beeping. Wait... that's supposed to mean we're here? Lim slowly stops the yacht, making us all hold onto something. The vehicle comes to a stop.

"What happened?" asks Eli.

"We're here..." says Lim.

We're here! I'm so eager to see it.

"Finally..." mutters Laura getting up from her seat. I bolt up to the top, desperate to see the island. I face Eli first, giving me worried a look.

"What?" I say, confused.

We all start to look around... and what we see... is endless, open water. I don't see a single building, fountains of light, or anything else Jamie said he saw.

"Um... these are the coordinates right?" asks Eli. Lim nods, confused.

"Yes, the exact coordinates Jamie wrote down for us." says Lim, pointing to the screen on his seat. I stare directly at the front of the boat. I have a feeling deep down, that something is not right. It shouldn't be open water. Jamie said it was... beautiful. He saw two people, and I think he saw the man in my vision from how he described him.