10

SAWYER

Everything  slowly  starts  to  come  back  to  me  as  I  wake  up.  I'm  in  a  bed,  under  the  covers,  and  in  a  darkened,  boxed  shaped  room.  I  carefully  lift  my  body  up,  seeing  Laura  by  my  side.

"Oh  hey,  it's  okay,  you're  safe.  Sawyer  you  should  lie  back..."  says  Laura  standing  up,  and  gently  placing  her  hands  on  me. 

"Where's  Eli?"  I  croak.  She  tries  to  set  me  down,  but  I  push  back,  starting  to  get  out  of  bed. 

"Sawyer." 

"Where  is  he?  Where  are  we?"  I  ask. 

"We're  still  in  the  water,  and  we're  still  on  the  yacht.  You  need  to  rest,  you  got  beat  up  pretty  bad  out  there..."  says  Laura.  I  turn  over  to  the  side  of  the  bed,  feeling  a  sting  in  my  forearms.  I  look  at  them,  my  right  arm  the  only  one  bandaged  tightly.  I  look  at  my  left,  seeing  a  faint  purple  and  blue  streak.  My  right  arm  must  be  bandaged  because  I'm  right-handed,  and  used  a  lot  more  strength  in  it.  "You  sprained  your  wrist  pretty  bad,  but  you've  weirdly  made  remarkable  recovery  within  a  few  hours,  but  you  should  still  give  it  a  rest."

"I'm  fine..."  I  say.  I  stand  up,  but  suddenly  lose  my  balance,  falling  onto  Laura.  "Ahh..."

"Sawyer,  see?  You  need  to  rest."  she  says,  her  arms  slipping  under  my  shoulders.

"I  said  I'm  fine,  just  please...  take  me  to  Eli..."  I  say.  She  looks  at  me,  sighing.  She  nods,  agreeing. 

"Okay..."  she  says  softly.  She  holds  me  close  to  her  side,  and  walks  me  out  the  door.  We  walk  out  the  room,  seeing  Lim  and  Eli  talking  at  the  dining  room  table.  Once  Eli  sees  me,  he  gets  up  and  bolts  over  to  me.

"Hey  Marble!  You're  up..."  he  says,  taking  me  into  his  arms.  He  holds  me  close,  making  me  smile. 

"Heh,  hey..."  I  say.  He  walks  me  down  to  the  coach,  putting  a  blanket  over  me.  "How  long  have  I  been  out?"

"Like  five  hours...  we've  had  the  time  to  try  and  make  a  plan  here."  he  says.  I  look  at  the  notes  scattered  on  the  table,  and  we  all  start  talking. 

"Freemind  is  an  island  of  over  two  thousand  Children  of  42  in  hiding.  They  have  a  different  system,  a  different  leader,  they  obviously  don't  act  like  typical  Children  of  42."  explains  Lim.

"It's true,  I've  never  seen  anything  like  it,  we  don't  know  what to expect  next  time."  I  say.

"What  to  expect  next  time?  You  mean,  what  to  expect  next  time  we  go?  Sawyer,  we  can't  let  that  happen."  says  Laura.  And  here  we  go... 

"Laura,  this  was  my  vision,  my  calling.  I  get  to  decide  whether  we  go  or  not."  I  claim.  Laura  looks  at  me  surprised. 

"Sawyer,  listen  to  me,"  says  Eli.  I  sigh,  and  turn  to  him.  "I  understand  you  want  to  go  back,  but  we  saw  everything  that  happened  to  you.  And  I'm  worried  if  we  go  back,  it  will  happen  again."