58

GRACE

I remember Emily's words: Every guard holds the keys to unlock cuffs, and doors. However... the doors where the prisoners are need to be unlocked in the control room.

I walk along the wall of the prisoner's deck towards the door, and speak into the tiny radio towards everyone else, "Going in."

The blood Emily poured on my hands has started to grow sticky.

I walk into the prisoner's deck, seeing a guard guarding the door of Lance's cell. I really hope my acting is good.

"Oh my God!" I wail. The guard instantly looks confused and horrified. "Oh my God! A pregnant woman is outside and is giving birth!"

"What?" the guard says confused, grabbing my arm.

"A pregnant woman is outside! There's blood everywhere, she's giving birth! She needs help!" I exclaim. The guard stares at me, not moving a muscle. "NOW! Now! I'm not kidding! She's giving birth! Come on!"

"Okay! Okay! Shit!" snaps the guard running out of the prisoner's deck. He runs outside, no one out here from the execution being held in a few minutes. "Where?"

"Behind the building!" I exclaim. He runs to the back of the building, and freezes in confusion. That when I pick up the rock from the ground.

"Where?" says the guard confused. I go up to him and hit him on the head with the rock as hard as I can. And just like that, he falls forward onto the ground unconscious.

I raise my eyebrows, proud of myself.

"Easy peasy." I mutter. I crouch down at the guard, finding the flashlight. I aim it towards the woods, turning it on and off three times.

Once he sees it, Levin comes out of the trees, and next to me with a washcloth. I wash my hands off, the wet cloth staining red.

I crouch down at him, finding the keys on his belt and his ID. I hold up the radio, "I got the keys. And you guys owe me one because this blood is disgusting."

"Sorry. Now head to the control room," says Emily. "The control room has a gear symbol on it." explains Emily. Levin grabs the gun just in case like we planned, and touches the guy's arm.

"Stay asleep," he says, triggering his mind control. "You're a good actress."

"Really? Thanks." I say smiling. We cautiously make our way around the building and on the sidewalk. We stay out of the lights, and against the building where it's dark.

I can see the door at the end of the U-shaped building.

The door looks secure, but we've got an ID.

We quietly go up to it, and I see a scanner at the door. I hold the ID up to it. The door makes a shift, and the scanner glows green. Levin pulls open the door, and cautiously enter it.

We enter a darkened room, but see the tiny little switches and screens glowing from the control table. People are sitting at them, but dazed and distracted from what they're looking at.

The door behind us suddenly makes a large slam, making me bolt around in fear. No... no no no no no... not again. Not again!