35

LILLETTE

"Well!" we suddenly hear from the doorway, as the door shifts open. A series of footsteps come in. Looks like they're back. "Did you two have time to discuss your feelings with another?"

Tyler scoffs and says, "Go drain yourself, Emmet."

"Well that almost happened to this little princess," says Emmet, walking over to me. I look straight in front of me, refusing to look at him. He suddenly grabs me by the chin, bringing me up to his face. "Aww, you mad? Heh, how surprising."

I shove my face out of his hands, letting out a gruff.

"What the hell do you want from us, Emmet?" moans Tyler, leaning his head back from how bruised up his face is.

"We want you to eat," says Jett in front of me. I give him an angered look, and see him holding a plate of disgusting looking bits of food. I snarl my lips, disgusted. "Come on, you haven't eaten in days."

I shove my knee up at the plate, knocking it out of his hands, the food spilling everywhere.

"Would you rather starve to death?" asks Jett, annoyed.

"Leave her be," says Emmet, standing over me. "As much as I am here for you Tyler... I'm mostly here for this one."

I start shaking my head, not understanding his deal. I actually start to smile.

"You've already rubbed it in my face enough." I say. Emmet stares me down.

"Because of you, they thought I was as messed up as Jamie's brother." says Emmet.

"Watch yourself..." warns Tyler, the fact that he mentioned Jamie.

"You left me to die. And after that, everything just got worse for me. The punishments here are awful, but the punishments at the Camp, are excruciating. You have no idea what it's like to have every inch of your body bleed." snarls Emmet.

"You want me to be sorry? Is that what you want to hear? That I'm sorry?" I mock. "Well I'm not gonna apologize for defending myself to some guy who humiliated me multiple times in front of the Camp, attacked me, threatening to kill me. If you want to blame anyone for the cause of this in the first place... everything leans towards you."

I constantly run into drama, and no matter how many times I try, I feel like I can never handle it right. I'm a mess. A total mess.

Emmet stares at me, his eyes looking so calm, but holds such anger. He turns to his friends.

"I think it's time for the serum," he says, developing a smile. "Don't you think?"

I look at him confused, until I look over at his friends attaching some filled glass container to a needle. I pit drops in my stomach.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, what the hell is that?" worries Tyler alarmed. They don't respond, going up to both of us with serum in a syringe. "Wha, what are you doing?! What the hell?!"

I look up at one of the guys, my eyes widening as I breathe heavily.

"America's orders." says Emmet.

"No, no no no!" I say. Emmet's friend grabs me by the hair, holding me steady as the sharp needle slithers its way under my neck. "Get off of me! Get off! Ahhh! AH!"