15

GRACE

"Today   you're  just  gonna  observe?  Not  talk  to  anyone?"  I  ask  Eli  on  the  phone,  as  I  continue  to  pack  my  things. 

"Correct.  Well,  Sawyer's  gonna  do  most  of  that.  I'm  mainly  just  here  to  make  sure  she's  okay."  he  says.  I  snicker. 

"Heh,  typical  you.  How  long  do  we  plan  on  staying  there?"  I  ask. 

"As  long  as  it  takes,  I  guess.  Oh  and  you  will  love  the  bathrooms."  says  Eli. 

"Really?  Yeah  I'm  interested  in  basically  anything  I'd  see  there.  The  people,  the  place,  how  they  use  their  powers..."  I  say. 

"Freemind,  might  be  the  most  unpredictable  place  you'll  ever  come  across."  says  Eli.  I  snicker  again. 

"I'll  see  when  we'll  all  get  there.  See  you  later."  I  say. 

"See  ya."  he  says.  He  hangs  up.  I  look  at  my  bag  of  clothes,  getting  nervous.  These  people  are  supposed  to  be  like  us,  but  they  refuse  to  accept  the  fact  that  they're  Children  of  42.  I  just  wonder  how  different  they  could  possibly  be.  Their  beliefs,  their  actions,  it's  nerve  racking.

"Hey  you  almost  ready?"  says  Levin  from  the  door.  I  look  up,  and  nod. 

"Yeah..."  I  say.  He  looks  at  me,  cocking  his  head.  I  sigh,  him  already  knowing  what's  up.  "I  don't  know  if  I  wanna  go,  it  sounds  dangerous."

He  gives  me  a  look  and  says,  "Sawyer  and  Eli  are  settled  in  their  bedroom  safe  and  sound.  We'll  be  in  our  bedrooms  and  away  from  everyone  else  there."

"But  Sawyer  sprained  her  wrist,  and  was  targeted  by  the  people  there.  Did  Jamie  tell  you  someone  actually  tried  to  kill  her?"  I  say. 

"Jamie  said  Sawyer  told  him  they  were  experiencing  PTSD.  People  have  invaded  their  home  before,  so  they  just  got  scared.  Now  that  they  know  we're  safe,  I  don't  think  they'll  take  any  action."  says  Levin.  I  shrug. 

"I  guess..."  I  say.  "I'll  be  down  in  a  minute."

"Okay."  says  Levin  with  a  smile,  leaving  the  room.

"Hey  Lillette,  you  ready?"  I  call  to  the  bathroom.  In  Eli  and  Sawyer's  cabin  we  share  a  room.  We've  just  gotten  so  close  over  the  months  as  friends.

Once  I  head  downstairs,  I  see  everyone  waiting  for  me. 

"Finally."  says  Lillette.

"Off  to  the  airport..."  I  say  in  a  sigh.  We  all  head  out  of  the  door,  about  to  walk  to  drive  to  the  airport.  I  just  hope  it  will  all  be  okay...  if  Freemind  isn't  what  we  think  they  are  I  just...  I  just  don't  know  what  we'd  do... 

SAWYER

Jamie:  Heading  to  the  airport

I  put  my  phone  down,  and  take  another  look  at  myself  in  the  mirror,  still  very  unsure  about  wearing  this.  Eli  walks  in. 

"Hey,  you  ready?"  he  asks.  I  turn  to  him  as  he  goes  over  to  the  desk  to  get  his  phone. 

"Uh,  yeah.  Eli...  do  you  think  I  should  wear  this?"  I  ask.  He  looks  over  at  me,  looking  at  what  I'm  wearing.