27

SAWYER

"Your  obsession  for  me  to  open  this  present  is  starting  to  scare  me."  I  laughed  at  Jamie,  as  I  grabbed  the  colorful  wrapped  box. 

"Open  it,  come  on  come  on  come  on."  exclaimed  Jamie,  leaned  towards  me  on  the  coach.  Everyone  watched,  laughing  in  joy,  as  "Joy  to  the  World"  played  in  the  background.  The  Christmas  tree  was  up,  the  presents  were  under  it,  and  everyone  was  in  their  comfy  sweaters.  Vegas  even  had  a  Christmas  bow  tie  on.

"What  is  this?"  I  said,  confused  as  I  opened  it.  I  opened  the  box,  and  I  was  in  shock.  I  looked  at  Jamie,  wide  eyed.  "Shut  up!"

He  giggled. 

I  fell  onto  the  coach,  cupping  my  mouth,  laughing,  "Oh  my  Gahahad!" 

Jamie  smiled  brightly,  as  everyone  was  completely  lost.

"What  is  it?"  asked  Eli,  leaning  to  look  at  it  smiling.  I  continued  to  laugh  hysterically.  He  looked  at  what  was  in  the  box,  confused.  "What?  Why  that?"

"I  am...  so  confused  right  now..."  said  Laura. 

"What  is  going  on?"  asked  Grace,  trying  to  look  at  it.  I  took  them  out  of  the  box. 

"They're  baby  bananas!"  I  exclaimed  laughing,  shaking  them  around. 

"Baby  bananas."  repeated  Lillette,  confused  why  I'm  freaking  out  about  that. 

"I've  always  wanted  to  try  baby  bananas!"  I  said,  high  pitched.  I  realized  tears,  actual  tears,  were  forming  in  my  eyes.  "Oh  my  God,  I'm  like  crying."

Eli  laughed  at  me,  clapping.

"Ever  since  she  was  twelve,  she  has  been  in  love  with  baby  bananas  ever  since  she  discovered  they  were  a  freaking  thing.  These  took  me  forever  to  find."  said  Jamie.  I  sniffled,  laughing  so  hard.  Only  being  able  to  eat  limited  food  all  your  life...  this  was  kind  of  a  big  deal  for  me. 

"That's  right!"  exclaimed  Laura,  giggling  with  me.  I  told  her  a  lot  of  stuff. 

"Look  how  cute  they  are!"  I  giggled  at  Eli.  "Look  how  cute  they  are!" 

"I  see  that."  laughed  Eli,  hugging  me  close.  I  cover  my  eyes. 

"I  feel  like  I'm  gonna  pass  out..."  I  panted,  tears  rolling  down  my  face.  Everyone  laughs.  I  went  up  to  Jamie,  and  threw  my  arms  around  him.  "Thank  you  so  much." 

"You're  welcome,  Sauce."  he  said,  patting  my  back.  I  leaned  back  onto  the  coach  and  sat  next  to  Eli. 

"I'm  having  one  right  now."  I  said,  resting  my  head  on  his  shoulder. 

"All  right."  he  said  laughing.  I  tore  a  banana  off  the  batch,  and  started  peeling  it.

"Oh  please,"  I  hear  to  my  left.  I  look  over  to  my  left...  and  see  America  standing  over  me.  I  lean  back  in  fear,  everything  seeming  to  disappear  around  me.  "It's  just  a  batch  of  fruit."