37

SAWYER

I  fell  asleep...  but  it  suddenly  seems  like  I'm  not.  I  open  my  eyes  to  brightness,  and  find  myself  not  asleep  in  my  bed...  but  on  the  cold  floor  of  the  Space.  I'm  back?!  How  am  I  here?  Again?  I'm  not  in  the  Chair.  All  I  did  was  go  to  bed.

I  sit  up,  looking  around.  Everything  looks  exactly  the  same.  Pixels  everywhere,  faint  colors  everywhere,  except  for  something  I  see  at  the  end.

I  see  a  single  door  standing  in  the  middle  of  the  Space,  rays  of  light  shining  around  it.  The  door  is  white,  with  gold  accents  on  it.  I  go  up  to  it...  inching  my  hand  towards  the  doorknob. 

The  moment  I  touch  it,  it  creaks  its  way  open  by  itself,  revealing  a  whole  other  room.  I  walk  in,  wondering  what  it  is.  It's  a  shiny,  stainless  floor,  grey  with  a  teal  tint. 

Wait...  why  is  this  floor  so  familiar  looking?  The  room  is  huge.  Really  huge.  There's  a  huge  hallway  in  front  of  me,  looking  endless.  I  know  this  place...  I  know  it.

"Okay  you  know  what!"  a  voice  suddenly  booms.  I  jump,  turning  to  my  left.  I  see  the  large,  tall  window  taking  up  the  whole  wall  to  look  at  the  scenery...  and  sitting  at  the  front  of  it...  I  see  two  kids  tacking  each  other.  "How  you  like  that!  You're  gonna  get  it  Soy  Sauce!"

It's  me  and  Jamie... 

I  see  me,  from  eight  months  ago,  escape  his  arms  and  say,  "Ha!  Oh  yeah?"

I  see  myself  hold  out  her  hands,  and  lift  Jamie  up  several  feet  into  the  air  with  her  mind.  I  remember  this.  This  was  one  of  my  last  days  at  the  Camp.

Jamie  flails  his  limbs  everywhere,  looking  terrified,  and  wailing,  "Ahh!  Ahh!  Okay!  Okay!  You  win  you  win  you  win!"

The  old  me  laughs,  putting  Jamie  back  to  the  ground.  I  see  him  put  his  arm  around  me,  and  say,  "Girls.  So  sappy  these  days."

I'm  so  confused.  Why  am  I  seeing  this?  Why  am  I  here?

I  then  see  movement  occur  to  my  right.  My  body  instantly  feels  numb  once  I  lay  eyes  on  America.  She  has  her  blue  hair  up  into  a  high  ponytail,  and  is  wearing  a  black  long  sleeved  shirt  and  leggings.  She's  watching  a  memory.  My  memory.  How  is  she  watching  my  memories? 

I  walk  towards  her,  heated.

"What  is  going  on?!"  I  snap.  She  turns  to  me,  grinning. 

"Hello  Sawyer.  Didn't  see  you  there,"  she  says.  She  turns  to  me  and  Jamie  cuddling  by  the  window.  "Got  a  little  distracted."

"Are  you  watching  my  memories?"  I  ask,  not  approving. 

"Maybe  a  little...  Thought  I'd  use  a  good  comedy  tonight."  says  America. 

"Don't  watch  my  memories!  Get  out  of  here!"  I  shout.  America  turns  to  me,  putting  her  hand  on  her  hip. 

"Why?  You  watched  mine."  she  says,  turning  away  from  me.  Oh  my  God,  she  knows.  She  knows  what  I  saw.  She  walks  past  me,  heading  towards  the  door,  probably  to  see  the  next  memory.