36

ELI

"We  don't  know  America's  full  story,  but  she's  definitely  still  recovering  from  trauma,"  explains  Emily,  preparing  the  tools  to  take  the  chip  out.  I  sit  on  the  portable  massage  chair,  fit  to  have  her  cut  open  my  neck  and  take  the  chip  out.  "The  main  question  in  Freemind  is  why  Sawyer  came  in  the  first  place."

"Sawyer  had  a  vision,"  I  respond.  "But  why  would  they  give  her  a  vision  if  they  didn't  want  her  to  come?"

Emily  shrugs.

"The  Children  of  Freemind  live  their  own  life,  their  own  way.  I  wouldn't  know."  she  says.  I  shake  my  head.

We  have  so  many  unanswered  things  about  Freemind,  it  just  makes  me  even  more  desperate  to  get  back  to  her.

"Eli!"  I  hear  from  the  doorway.  I  turn  around,  seeing  Jamie  standing  there  looking  worried.  "You  have  to  come  outside!"

A  pit  drops  in  my  stomach.

"What?"  I  say,  getting  up  from  the  chair  confused.  That's  when  I  hear  scuffling  and  yelps  outside.  And  then,  I  hear  a   gut  wrenching  scream  come  from  a  woman. 

Jamie  sprints  out  of  the  doorway,  making  me  sprint  after  him.  We  run  out  of  the  building  to  the  outdoors.

We  see  several  guards  pointing  their  guns  at  two  Children  of  42...  who  are  Grace  and  Levin! 

They're  here!  They're  alive!  But  not  in  good  shape.

Grace  and  Levin  are  cuffed,  retractable  wires  attached  to  them,  making  guards  drag  them  along  the  ground.  Both  of  them  are  sweating  and  have  dirt  all  over  them.  Grace  is  dressed  in  a  tank  top  and  moto  leggings,  Levin  is  in  a  grey  shirt  and  dark  pants.  Grace  is  dragged  aggressively,  falling  on  her  side,  slamming  onto  the  cement.

"Don't  touch  her!"  shouts  Levin,  running  towards  Grace.  Levin  is  suddenly  tugged  away  violently  like  an  animal,  making  him  fall  onto  the  cement.  A  guard  goes  up  to  him,  placing  the  electric  baton  on  his  shoulder.  I  see  electric,  blue  sparks  ignite  onto  his  shoulder,  making  Levin  scream  in  pain. 

"Stay  down!"  he  shouts  down  at  Levin,  taking  the  baton  off.

"Stop!"  wails  Grace.  "He  didn't  do  anything!  Stop!"

"Stop  it!"  Jamie  shouts,  running  towards  both  of  them.  I  quickly  grab  onto  Jamie,  holding  him  back.

"Don't!"  I  mutter. 

"Bring  them  into  the  prisoner's  deck."  Reed  orders,  stepping  into  the  middle  of  this.  Grace  looks  up  at  him  with  her  hair  scattered  over  her  face.

"Why  are  you  doing  this?  You're crazy!"  she  shouts,  the  guards  starting  to  drag  her  to  the  prisoner's  deck.  "Levin!  Levin,  don't  tell  them  anything!  Let  go  of  me!  Let  go!" 

How  did  they  get  here?!  They  weren't  in  the  cell  with  Jamie,  Tyler,  Lillette  and  I...  they  must've  found  Grace  and  Levin.

They  drag  Levin  and  Grace  into  the  deck  Lance  was  in...  to  be  interrogated. 

"Are  you  kidding  me?  We  have  to  go  help  them!"  shouts  Jamie.