60

SAWYER

I sit on the floor of the Space, every part of my energy drained. Tears have been running down my face for the past hour.

I'm only here in a white, endless space... because this power took over my body, and those children running above me had something to do with it. They took over my body and gave me a power that led to here. I never needed to come here. I may have lost my friends, the man I love.

And it's all my fault, because I pushed them to come here.

"Why did you become a part of me?" I ask anyone.

They have to hear me. Something is a part of me, something is giving me this power.

"I never wanted you to give me this power. I never wanted you to be a part of me," I say. "You brought me here. You got me to come here. You put the lives of all of my friends in danger!"

I look all over my arms, seeing every vein possible glowing white. Every vein of my body. I see them in the corner of my eyes, from how much the veins on my face are glowing.

It won't leave.

"Why won't you leave?" I ask. "Why...?! You're messing up me and America's head! Why?"

I feel fury rise up in my veins, making my body glow even brighter. The fluid flows through my veins, making my brain swell up.

I purse my lips, starting to clench my fists in anger. Even more tears swim in my eyes, even more anger rises in my system. I feel my fingernails dig into my palms, the blood sinking in them.

And now I break. I throw my fists down at the floor, hitting it as hard as I can. I punch the floor again, and again, and again.

Last time the floor broke apart beneath us, it can happen again. Make it happen again!

This power entered my body, I didn't want it too! I can't live with this in my body for the first of my life.

I use my arms, slamming against the floor, hoping it will crack. I cry even harder, as my fists get bloodier by the minute. I start screaming, hitting it harder and harder than I'm capable of.

Please. Please, please, please please.

I've been punching it for a whole minute now. It won't break. It won't even crack. Anything that's opening is the skin on my fists. Blood smears the white floor as I give the hardest punch I've given yet, letting out a guttural scream...

Until I stop... and I start to sob. Why? Just why?

I pound my fist on the floor more softly, and sink into my arms on the floor.

I want to be a normal person.

I don't know how many times I'll say this but I want to be. It's like I almost need to be. I can't live like this anymore... I just can't... I don't want to have powers anymore. I dont... I really, really don't.

After several minutes of silence... I start to hear something. I lift my head up confused, and realize they're footsteps.

Is it the girl? The girl from before?