38

LILLETTE

Several minutes to hours... but nothing's happened. They've drugged us... What's gonna happen? These minutes are making everything worse.

I weirdly start to hear movement on the chair behind me. I turn around... and see that Tyler has gotten completely out of the binds! He escaped?

"Tyler? How'd you escape?" I ask.

"I think the chips are wearing off." he says going over to me.

Tyler unloops the binds from my body. I can't believe he got out of them!

"All right. Let's get out of here." he says, grabbing my hand. I smile up at him, as he runs towards the door in the back.

"But what about the chips?" I ask.

"Cyvil turned off the signal. We can get out of here." Tyler says, in a weirdly happy voice. Really? How? Whatever, I shouldn't worry about it.

Tyler and I walk outside. He looks around.

"All clear. Let's go." he says.

"Now?" I ask, stopping him. He turns me, and smiles.

"Well... yeah. Let's go to Laura's boat. He can get us out of here." he says. I stare at him confused. Me and him? Get out of here?

"What about our friends?" I ask. Tyler comes up closer to me.

"They'll be okay." says Tyler. Okay, that doesn't sound like him.

"Tyler... what about Jamie? Don't you wanna be with him? He's still here," I say. Tyler sighs, thinking about Jamie. He looks at me with sad eyes. "Don't you want him?"

Tyler goes up even closer to me. He then puts his hands on the sides of my face, making my heart take off like a cheetah. Huh? What is he doing?

"No, Lillette..." he mutters. "I want you."

He then leans his head in towards mine... and we are kissing. He's kissing me. Tyler Starglare is kissing me. I'm surprised at first... but I kiss him back. He disconnects us, and looks at me. I look up at him confused... but I'm smiling.

He smiles back, and leans in for another kiss... but I back away from him.

"Tyler..." I mutter. He looks at me confused. "What are you doing?"

"What do you think?" he says. "I'm taking you with me. Let's get out of here."

I don't understand. Tyler would never do that, he would never kiss me, he would...

Oh...

He grabs my hand, walking with me, but I break out of his grip. He stares at me, confused. I shake my head.

Now I see what the serum has done to me.

"Tyler... that was lovely... but it wasn't real." I say.

"What are you talking about?" says Tyler in such a sentimental way. He grabs my hands, holding them up. "It was so real. I love you, Lillette Ilian."

No he doesn't.

I shake my head.

"No... You would never do that to Jamie. You love him. You told me, and meant it." I say. Tyler shakes his head.