18

Hehehehehe this a good chapter (:

EMILY

I  get  a  sudden  ring  from  my  phone,  annoyed  how  it  broke  the  nice  silence.  I  answer  it,  Marley's  voice  blasting  into  my  ear. 

"Emily!  We  need  you!  It's  a  red  rage!"  she  exclaims. 

"What?  What's  going  on?"  I  ask. 

"It's  the  kid.  He's  really  lost  it  this  time."  shudders  Marley.  The  kid.

Oh  my  God,  the  kid.  The  one  that's  going  insane  with  his  fire  abilities.

I  hurry  through  the  doorway,  running  out  of  the  medical  center  and  outside  for  the  first  time  in  days,  seeing  all  the  buildings  in  the  headquarters.  People  walk  outside,  some  armed  with  Children  of  Freemind,  some  holding  dangerous  experiments,  and  others  just  walking  and  talking.

I  can  already  hear  the  kid's  screaming  from  here.

I  walk  in  the  prisoner's  deck,  past  the  room.  I  hold  up  my  ID  to  the  guards  guarding  the  door,  and  walk  in. 

"What  do  we  got?"  I  ask.  I  see  the  kid  strapped  down  to  the  table,  raging,  struggling  as  much  as  he  can.  His  veins  glow  so  red,  it  looks  like  magma  flowing  through  his  veins.  He  screams  through  the  mask,  and  does  not  look  happy. 

"Unidentified  Child  of  42,  experiencing  a  red  rage.  Heartbeat  is  193,  temperature  is  107,  chance  of  hijacking."  exclaims  one  of  the  doctors  next  to  him.  I  slip  the  gloves  on  and  go  up  to  the  patient's  side.  I  feel  his  bare  arm. 

"Skin  is  burning  hot,  prepare  an  ointment,"  I  say.  I  slip  the  stethoscope  off  my  shoulders  and  listen  for  his  heart.  "We  got  a  heart  murmur."

The  kid  suddenly  does  one  strong  tug  on  the  restraints,  making  me  jump.  I  look  at  him,  trying  to  get  him  to  look  at  me.

"You're  okay,  we're  trying  to  help  you  okay?  It's  all  right,"  he  says.  He  doesn't  listen,  and  continues  to  struggle.  "Inject  a  dose  of  isoflurane."

"On  it."  says  a  nurse.  The  kid  yells  a  lot  of  muffled  words  I  don't  understand,  but  I  look  away  from  him.

That  when  the  kid's  body  starts  shaking  violently  and  his  eyes  start  rolling  up  in  his  head.

"Oh,  okay.  Okay."  I  say  grabbing  onto  the  kid. 

"He's  seizing."  announces  one  of  the  nurses.

I  take  his  mask  off  to  see  if  any  fluid  is  draining  from  his  mask,  and  I  already  see  pure  white  foam  drizzling  out  of  his  mouth. 

"Unhook  those  restraints  now!  We  need  to  roll  him  to  his  side!"  I  exclaim.  Without  hesitating  nurses  unhook  the  straps  at  his  right  arm  and  ankle,  and  help  roll  him  to  his  side.  He  shakes  so  much  it's  making  the  whole  table  rattle.  "Let  it  pass,  let  it  pass."

His  body  seizes  for  at  least  twenty  more  seconds,  until  he  finally  settles  down  and  lies  still.  I  sigh  in  relief.