2

SAWYER

Everyone inside has started to cook dinner and start the music, and Eli and I find ourselves taking a little walk outside. I've put my hat and coat, as well as him with his curls dangling out.

"Are you sure all right with this?" I ask. He lets out a sigh, almost annoyed.

"Oh my gosh Marble, calm down. I'm really excited, I promise." says Eli. I nod, relieved.

"Okay, I'm just, really anxious so..." I say. It's snowing so gracefully outside. I love it when it snows. Man, I just love it. I had only seen snow for the first time around three months ago, so it's such a big deal for me.

As we walk, I see something in the setting around us that makes me smile.

"Aww, look," I say walking over to the little table. I sit down in the chair, feeling the table. "We sat here on our first date..."

Eli stares at the table, instantly looking excited.

"Oh my God you're right..." he says sitting down with me. "Wow, seems so long ago..."

I nod, sighing.

"Yeah... it's good to know those were good times. Things are still good..." I say. We look in each other's eyes, smiling brightly. He slides his hand over to mine. I hold it back. I snicker. "Your hair was past your ears..."

"Oh God..." he mutters. I laugh.

"And you lived over there!" I exclaim, pointing behind me. Eli cringes. "Hey come on! You were adorable."

He giggles.

"And you were just as beautiful as you are now..." he says. My cheeks flush. That's always the moment where I feel so lucky to have him. I never thought anyone could look at me the way he looks at me.

I get up from the chair, and look up at the falling flakes of snow. I sprawl my arms out, spinning around. I smile brightly, feeling each and every one of them melt in my face.

"Heh... I really love the snow..." I say.

"Oh am I surprised." laughs Eli. I giggle, looking over at him. He smiles back as he turns to me. I twirl around in the snow.

The snow is the weather that distracts me from everything that's happened here. It's probably the only thing I like about Aradouge now. It's the place where I gained this special power... and had no choice but to take away a life... his life...

I suddenly feel a snowball hit my shoulder, beads of freezing cold ice coming into my shirt. I gasp, and turn to Eli with my jaw dropped. He looks at me laughing, starting to back up.

All right, if he wants to do this, I'll do this!

I tense my fingers up, letting a force fall between my mind and snow, and form the snow into a ball. Eli gasps and laughs, backing up even more. I fling the snowball at his head, it bursting all over his face. He lets out high pitched wail from the cold. I laugh, when he suddenly pieces together an even bigger snowball with a mind of his own.

"Oh shit...!" I exclaim, really starting to think I should move out of the way. The huge snowball comes flying toward me. Before I can get out of the way, the snow bursts in my face, getting a huge explosion of just pure cold. I let out a scream in shock, making Eli cackle.

I jump over to Eli, getting a better aim for the snowballs. We both throw more and more snow at each other until we find ourselves on the ground. We both laugh hysterically as we lay in the snow.

I turn to Eli, who's sat up. He looks down at me with a bright smile, until he leans down and kisses me. I hold his face joyfully, kissing him back. Our mouths are connected only for a few more seconds, until we pull apart. He looks down at me, stroking my hair as I hold onto his arm.