77

SAWYER

THREE WEEKS LATER

"Eli!"  I  exclaim  coming  down  the  stairs  putting  on  my  earrings.  "Eli  have  you  seen  my...?"

Before  I  can  even  finish,  I  turn  to  Eli  holding  the  white  flats  in  front  of  me.  I  smile,  grabbing  my  shoes  from  him.

"Flats,  thank  you,"  I  say.  I  walk  down  the  hallway,  grabbing  my  phone,  seeing  that  it's  three-forty-five,  and  see  seven  texts  from  Jamie.  "Jamie's  getting  impatient."

"I'm  coming!"  exclaims  Eli,  coming  with  his  tie.  "Little  help."

I  grab  his  tie,  wrapping  it  around  the  collar  of  his  shirt,  and  secure  it  tight. 

My  phone  dings,  a  text  from  Jamie  saying:  I'm  OUTSIDE.

"Jamie's  outside,  let's  go."  I  say.  We  both  walk  out  of  our  house,  locking  the  door,  and  see  a  car  in  the  driveway.  I  leap  into  shotgun,  Eli  in  the  back.

"Hey!  Sorry,  got  held  up!"  I  exclaim  to  Jamie,  putting  on  my  seatbelt.

"You  two...  are  a  hot  mess,"  he  exclaims,  resting  his  forearm  on  the  wheel.  He  looks  at  me.  "Ooh,  nice  dress.  You  look  sexy.  You  really  like  blue  don't  you?"

"Heh  heh,"  I  laugh  sarcastically,  proudly  looking  at  my   pastel  blue  dress  with  short  wavy  sleeves  on  the  shoulders,  satisfied  with  my  hair  down.  "Took  all  my  time  and  effort."

"Is  that  why  you're  late?"  says  Jamie  smirking.  I  slap  him  on  the  forehead.

"Just  drive!"  I  exclaim.  He  laughs  at  himself,  and  starts  driving  down  the  road.  I  check  my  phone  every  minute,  hoping  the  clock  doesn't  reach  four.

Once  Jamie  pulls  up  at  the  house.  All  three  of  us  bolt  out  of  the  car,  running  up  the  steps.    I  catch  a  glimpse  of  the  dance  floor,  seeing  several  lights  hanging  from  the  ceiling,  spread  out  in  such  a  design.  We  enter  a  calm,  quiet  room,  bolt  through  the  door  and  see  our  friends  and  the  guests  waiting  in  another  room.  Man  I'm  so  excited!

I  see  about  five  guests  from  Lim's  family,  and  three  of  Laura's  siblings  with  their  kids.  I  haven't  met  them  before!

"Wow,  we  almost  thought  you'd  miss  it."  says  Levin,  raising  his  eyebrows  at  us.

"Hey!"  I  exclaim,  sliding  along  the  floor  on  my  flats  to  them.  "Is  it  starting  soon?"

"Well,  Laura's  still  upstairs  kind  of...  delaying  it.  So  I  don't  think  you  were  gonna  miss  much."  says  Grace,  checking  her  phone. 

"She's  what...?"  I  say,  raising  my  eyebrows  in  a  shocked  smile.  Grace  nods.

"Are  you  Sawyer?"  exclaims  a  woman  walking  towards  me.  From  what  she  looks  like,  I  immediately  recognize  her  from  Laura's  description.

"Oh  my  God,  you're  Natalie?  Laura's  younger  sister?"  I  exclaim.

"Yes!"  she  exclaims.  I  shake  her  hand,  holding  onto  it.