72

AMERICA

I sprint through the door once I slice it open with my sword, and run and run. I do this for my people who have fallen, because this is where we burned all of their bodies. This is how I show my succession after all these years of dreading with grief.

Now all of it can be over.

This place is huge, underground. There are tall polished rocks with layers, and at the bottom, there is a flat ground. I need to get to the flat ground, so Sawyer will come for me. I told her to come, her puny little ass will listen to me.

I've never been full of such fury and determination. I can't believe tonight is the night. The night I've been begging for. No one can stop me from this.

"America! Stop!" I hear a shout behind me. I freeze in my tracks, and turn around in anger... coming face to face with Cyvil. I ignite my powerful sword from my hand, and point it in his direction.

"Don't!" I snap. "I won't let you take this from me!"

"I know this isn't you..." says Cyvil with his hands up cautiously. He approaches me, walking along the layered, polished, rock floor.

"GET OUT!" I scream.

"I am not gonna leave you! You just hurt Sawyer, please just don't hurt anyone else! The last thing Eden would've wanted you to do is hurt someone!" he yells, walking closely to me.

"I don't care what the hell Eden would've wanted, this is what I want, okay? I can't breathe anymore! I can't! I need this one exhale for me!" I shout.

"So this isn't about Eden anymore? This is about you." says Cyvil in a tone of disappointment.

"Get... out... of here!" I shout, approaching. Cyvil stares at me, but continues to stand there. He needs to get out of here. NOW! I'm getting angrier and angrier every moment he stands there.

"I'm not gonna go anywhere until you come with me." he says. So he's gonna be this way?

The veins in my body pulse in anger, making my anger more and more heated.

"I don't wanna force you, big brother." I say, walking towards him. I'm not a few feet away from him, but my sword is just inches away from his neck. Cyvil doesn't do anything, looking at me with no fear in his eyes. Just sadness.

"Mer..." he begins. "I may not be able to tell you who you are... But I know something for sure. America..."

He's trying to change my mind, but I don't feel a bit of pity.

"You're my sister. The one I named America, the one I raised to be a happy girl..." he says. "You may not feel the same happiness you had with Eden but--"

"STOP!" I shout. I feel a sudden force escape me, and from the corner of my eyes I see lights appear. I look around and see patches of white fire surround me.

I stare in shock, but turn back to Cyvil who looks just as shocked at me.

"America... please!" he exclaims.

"GET OUT OF HERE..." I growl. Clenching my fist with the holographic sword I've created.

"Mer!" he exclaims. I feel so much fury crawl up my body along with goosebumps.

"I SAID GOOOOOO!" I scream, dancing swirls of light surround my body. It radiates my body with anger and physical heat. Cyvil looks at me in a way he has never looked at me before. He looks like he's scared of me.

Good. He should be scared.

"America please..." he says, a cry in his voice. I see the tears form in his eyes. Wind starts to fly around the place, the breeze blowing through my hair. The wind has heat and radiation...

"You want me to be the monster?" I growl, breathing heavily.

"Don't make me do this." he says, raising his hand like he's about to use his power on me. Not on my watch, he can't do that to me. I growl in my breath, clenching my fist to increase the power in my weapon. Cyvil puts his hand up rapidly.

Never trust the good in your enemy.

I let out a scream of savagery, extend my hand and swing my sword across his direction... and Cyvil's eyes instantly go wide. That should be the look I get from my warning. His jaw drops, I'm confused for a split second on why he's shocked... but then I see it.

The thick red line across his throat, as blood instantly spurts down his neck.

I have just slit his throat with my power.

I let out a gasp in utter horror, and snap out of whatever I was just in.

"Oh my God! Oh no! No no no no no no, Cyvil!" I shriek, running towards Cyvil as he clutches his throat. He looks at me in utter despair and shock. I grab him by the shoulders as he slowly tips down to the ground. "Cyvil! No no! No no no no no!"

He falls to the ground as he lets out gurgles and coughs. I hover over him, trying to place pressure on his cut open throat. He's already sitting in a pool of blood as his hands slowly weaken and drop to the floor beside him.

"No! Cyvil please, please no!" I scream. I put my hands on the side of his face. "No! Vil! No! No no no please... PLEASE!"

He slowly stops moving as I try to shake him awake.

"Cyvil I'm sorry!" I cry, tears falling out of my eyes. "Cyvil NOOO! Not again! Not you too! Please, I beg you! Not you too!"

He's not moving... or breathing...

I...

I killed him.

I lost control and killed him!

I killed my brother!

I put my forehead against his as I cry in despair.

"I love you...!" I wail. He stares up at nothing, nothing at all as blood continues to pour from his neck. I cry even harder, clutching his face with my blood soaked hands... and then I look at them.

The blood on my hands. My brother's blood.

First I had Eden's blood on my hands.

Then I had the blood of the eleven people I killed on my hands.

Now I've got my brother's blood on my hands.

I look around, the fire around us spreading quickly. I turn to the way down, which is still open.

"I have to finish this...!" I cry to him. "I'm sorry... I have to go... I have to..."

I slowly move off of his body, and stand up... and sprint away as fast as I can.

I don't believe this.

What have I done?

I never realized how much I meant it when I said I was a monster...

But now I am.

I am a monster...

I really am now...