~ 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓢𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓷𝓽𝔂 - 𝓢𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓷 ~

Chapter Seventy-Seven: The Truth Is Finally Out

A flash of blue-white light erupted from both wands

A flash of blue-white light erupted from both wands. Scabbers was frozen in mid-air, his small form twisting madly, Ron starting yelling and the rat fell and hit the floor.

There was another blinding flash and the rat started to change, his head shot up, his limbs started sprouting and then a man was standing where Scabbers once was.

Peter Pettigrew was a short man, with thin colourless hair which was unkempt, he also had a bald patch at the top of his head. His skin looked grubby like Scabbers fur and something about his pointed nose and his very small watery eyes reminded Lina about his rat form, his eyes darted around the room as his breathing became fast and shallow.

"Well hello, Peter," Remus said calmly, like what had just happened was a regular occurrence "long time no see."

"S - Sirius...R - Remus" Pettigrew's voice was squeaky, Lina wounded if it had always been like that. His eyes darted to the door "my friends...my old friends."

Sirius rose his wand but Remus grabbed his wrist and lowered it giving his friend a warning look.

Remus turned to Pettigrew, his voice still casual "we've been having a little chat, Peter about what happened the night James and Lily died. You might have missed the finer points while you were squeaking around down there on the bed-"

"Remus" Pettigrew gasped, beads of sweat started to form on his face "you don't believe him, do you...he tried to kill me, Remus-"

"So we've heard. I'd like to clear up one or two little matters with you, Peter if you'd be so-"

"He's come to try and kill me again" Pettigrew shirked pointing at Sirius using his middle finger since the index one was missing "he killed James and Lily he was probably responsible for Marlene's death and now he's going to kill me to-"

Sirius jumped forward but Lina already predicting his action caught his arm "dad not yet."

"You've got to help Remus," Pettigrew said.

"No one is going to try and kill you until we've sorted out a few things out," Remus said.

"Sorted things out?" Pettigrew squeaked looking widely around the room "I knew he'd come after me! I knew he'd be back for me. I've been waiting for this for twelve years."

"You knew Sirius was going to break out of Azkaban?" Remus asked his brow furrowed "when nobody has ever done it before?"

"He's got dark powers, the rest of us can only dream of!" Pettigrew shouted "how else did he get out of there? I suppose He Who Must Not Be Names taught him a few tricks!"

Sirius started to laugh, a horrible mocking laugh that filled the entire room "Voldemort, teach me tricks?" He asked Pettigrew flinched at the name "what, scared to hear your old masters name? I don't blame you, Peter. His lot aren't very happy with you, are they?"