Chapter 13

***DARCIE***

"is Duff you're given name?" I asked, shit is that too intrusive. He smiled.

"no, it's an Irish thing I think, my parents gave it to me, my real name's Micheal but you know that's no fun" he brushed off, I chuckled

"Micheal?"

"yeah" he chuckled.

"does Darcie mean anything?" he asked, I took an internal sigh if that makes sense, I laughed to myself.

"well...Darcell is a French name for 'dark one' or some shit like that, why my parents added the 'Lyn' I have no clue, I guess it was to polish it and make it sound pretty" I laughed to myself, why did they add 'lyn'?

"are you feeling better?" he said as I quivered a bit. I just forgot were not in sunny California. He quickly took off his leather jacket and draped it on my shoulders, I smiled.

"thank you, um yeah. I think" collecting my thoughts.

"my manager just called in to basically tell me to stop being who I am" I said in short words I laughed, it was the only way to really get a grip on the topic.

"there callin you for being too rock n roll?" he questioned with his teeth flashing out, as I looked up at him. God damn he really is tall, I mean compared to me, his cross earrings dangled.

I let out a breathy laugh "yeah basically"

"it was just a warning cause I was doing blow in public, but it's scary I guess...I feel like as if they are watching my every move" I said tossing my bag around.

"I just want to spend time with Tommy and the boys" I whimpered to myself, I felt a reassuring hand on my back, I looked at him as he smiled, I smiled back. This guy sure didn't act like the cliche rocker, but his voice had such a swag? I don't know...it was soft but cool and had this swing and rasp to it, his voice had style... it was something. He made everything sound groovy and cool but not in a cocky, boasting way.

"where's Nikki?" he asked, that's a good question where was Nikki? Last time I checked before I got the call he was right behind me. Where was that little wild boy?

"that's a great question...actually" I shrugged

"I don't know, he's probably just doing whatever-" I snorted as we kept walking.

"how bout you?" I asked

"what about me?" he came back

"shouldn't you be in the bar. having fun?"

"I mean I should. but I get distracted easily" he said, his bare arms swayed.

"with what?" I chuckled

"a beautiful girl that was very upset" he looked down, taking a drag out of a fresh new cigarette, I was flustered, this boy....let's also mention a particularly cute boy or man, can I really consider any of these rockstars men? they all act like well...boys, how would I know what a man is? we're in our 20s.

"anywho, you wanna go find him?" he asked

"he's probably in a hotel drunk right now, I'll go later. I can't smother Nikki like Tommy does to me" I joked.

...

Duff lead me onto the gnr bus, I gave back his leather jacket as we hopped on the bus, but I was met with a slightly different familiar face.

"jeffery dean?!" I scoffed as his eyes met mine, man have I not seen this face in a while, he looked older, but not much changed, greasy black hair, sloppy style and skinny physique. "holy shit! it is you!"

"son of a bitch, Duff!" he yelled quickly pinching Duff from his seat as Duff settled down and chuckled.

"who would have fucking thought?" I laughed

"you two know each other?" Duff asked as everyone was drunkly listening into the conversation.

"yeah I used to date him, back when he was in the band London" I snarled

"yeah before her little Hollywood growth spurt" he chuckled

"I see you made it too" I said

"yeah but he don't talk he's the George Harrison of the group" Duff chuckled, I smirked.

"don't mention him, you're gonna get her all hot and bothered" Izzy laughed as Duff handed him a beer. "from George Harrison?" Duff chuckled, my cheeks grew red, as I nodded, my fingers fiddled with my bottom lip.

"not the point...plus George Harrison? we all know Izzy's much more of a Keef Richards" I say, Duff nodding his head, he looked out the window, groupies. "I'll be back later..." he says patting Izzy on the back and giving me a smile, I smile back as he hops off the bus.

I sat down across from Izzy. Izzy was quite a memory...but he looked the same, maybe a bit more polished. His hair still tussled and messy, nose ring. His slender fingers holding his cigarette.

"heard you finally met Axl" he said, "I knew you guys would hit it off" he took a drag as Axl and the guys talked quietly, I smile. "I see you met Duff" he said, his eyes shot up to look into mine. "you dig him?" he said putting out his cigarette.

"sure. but I've got a boyfriend. plus you know how I am about blondes" I scoffed. "He digs chicks but he ain't the slut of the band the would be Steven, who is also a blonde." he said we both chuckled, he leaned his head on his hand as he looked at me. Shit damn. He was focused, mesmerized perhaps? I'll tell you this...Izzy's got a swag very similar to Duff's voice that nobody can really replicate, its slick and smooth something I've digged since I met him.

"so really...how've you been darlin?" his tone softens in that damned cowboy southern accent with a toothy grin.

"I'm fine"

"your taking over America...Ms. Hollywood" he chuckles, I kick his foot. "you remember that song?" I smile, his eyebrows raised "clear as ever" he coughs as he whips out a record, pointing to a track on the back. Think about you.

Holy Shit. "that's fucking crazy Iz" I look at him. "Did you tell the guys or anyone?" I said in a gasp as I looked at the record, and the song that was written about me, on the record! Izzy's song!

"no" he chuckled "not yet at least...albums not out yet, were releasing later in the month" he chuckled. "I can't believe you still remembered it!" I smiled.

"I ended up making some adjustments to it when uh you left...make it sound more reminiscent I guess" he says, I smile...those were some fun times.

"look I need a fix, you should get back to the hotel before it gets to dark, I'll walk ya" he says