Chapter 79

***DARCIE***

I decided it was about to time to face Nikki. Plus seeing Duff drowning himself in 3 bottles a day wasn't exactly lifting my spirits. He was mean when he was drunk, but we gave glances to each other that burned a whole in my heart but also filled it...

I knocked on the door of the new house, away from the hidden mansions in Van Nuys. He opened the door, there he was, looked the same, still gives me butterflies. The bags under his eyes were gone, he looked alive. I smiled "hey Nik" I say softly as he quickly pulls me into a hug, I miss this. His hair smelled clean, freshly washed, damn Nik. Nikki was back, and I think he was here to stay. "come in" he smiled. House was spotless and new, boxes still on the floor "finally decided to get outta Van Nuys huh" I smiled.

"yeah new story, new setting" he chuckled "you want something to drink?" he asked as I sat down on the couch "you got vodka?" I mindlessly asked, I quickly met his face and shook my head...stupid! "I'm sorry"

"it's alright", "I'm guessing pop will suffice?" he chuckled.

"yeah" ugh I feel nervous now...what if I say some stupid shit. Images of 'Nikki' still haunt me.

He slides a can of Pepsi over the table, and sits down next to me. Deep breaths, I open the can and take a little sip. "you look nervous Dar" he smiles. "just a bit. yeah" I nervously chuckle.

"you shouldn't be...listen I know I said a lot of shit in the letters I sent...I'm sorry" he says, I try to smile, "it's....it's alright Nik.", "being there probably really took a toll on you, curbing addiction isn't easy you're bound to say shit out of spite and frustration, past a point I stopped looking at them..." I said." how was Tommy and Vince?" I coughed.

"Their fine, rehab for drugs might be a thing. but for them sex is not...those guys were literally about to fuck the nurses taking care of us if I didn't remind them that they were fucking married" he said, we both laughed.

As it got darker, I desperately wanted to go check on Duff, it was an itch of paranoia on my mind that I just had to scratch.

He opened the door. "this was nice Dar, I missed you" he said I turned back and smiled "I missed you Nik" I gave him a light kiss on the cheek and smiled as I pulled the collar on my jacket up. "Darcellyn?" he called, "hm?"

"can I ask you something?" he asked, "of course"

"Will you ever love me again?" he asked, I gave him an 'oh really' look. "Nikki." I coo. "cut the bullshit you know I'll always love you" I pinch his cheeks, he smiles. "I'll see you around" he says as I walk down the stairs and turn back. "see your around Nikki" I laugh as I take out my keys. "Dar" I hear him call again, I cock a brow "I love you" he says, I feel relief almost, "I love you too Nikki, take care" I give a warm smile and walk to my car.