Chapter 40

***DARCIE***

"so apparently I'm Tommy's best man" he scoffed as he sat down on the seat right across from me on the balcony. I sipped on my teacup, which wasn't filled with tea, it was jack. I looked down back down at my script marking it up.

"I thought we already established that you were" I smiled sweetly, he shrugged.

"you look beautiful" he said, my head quickly rushed up, looking up at well Nikki, a man I loved but has barely even said 'I love you' in a month. The familiar feeling of being loved came back, I smiled, god this felt like when your parents tell you that you're not grounded anymore to something like that.

"well aren't in a better mood today" I smiled

"oh please, you'll always be beautiful" he said

"how's the album going?" I asked

"it's good" he said, leaning back looking at the hills, that's interesting since Tommy said he's been strung out every rehearsal. I sipped my 'tea' from the cup and set it down. Though his attitude was different, he looked the same, his eyes weren't glistening they were big but ....dead, god where are you Nikki?

"what have you written?" I asked

"I don't really remember" he muttered "but I'm sure it'll be fine...I just" he looked down at his watch "shit I was supposed to meet them an hour ago, fuck!" he scrambled gave me a quick kiss, as he left.

"I love you too" I said to myself as he was already out the door, fuck is this one of those things where I need a couples therapist? Fuck it...it's my chance, I'm a big girl I can take care of it myself...

I got up and went upstairs, I pulled out the beside drawer and emptied everything, I took what was under his pillow, in his jacket pockets. Jesus fuck with the amount of syringes in my hand you would think our house was a fucking medical center, the spoon was in my hand the baggies of powder and what not everything, Jesus fuck the syringes were filled ready to be used. I went into the bathroom just as I was-

"babe have you seen my-" his eyes widened as he saw all of his shit in my hands looming over the toilet.

"your smack?" I said, he couldn't speak.

"I don't wanna fucking do it Nikki" I said, not wanting to let out a sob or a tear, I didn't know how I should feel... empowered? hopeless?

"then don't do it" he said "don't do it baby...please" he whimpered

"don't fucking do it?" I laughed "Nikki are you fucking kidding me" I seethed

"you were on your way to Hollywood Boulevard and decided to turn around to go back home to your house all the way up in the hills for what?"I said"for this?" my hands trembled with all the shit in it, god I'm nervous, what if he snaps, he's yelled a few times, and I hate it. fuck.

"well you know what Nik..." I sighed, fuck, I felt a wave a change. what the fuck is happening? Nikki's face had blurred, all I saw were stars...