Chapter 17

***DUFF***

"I-I-I...shit" she muttered her voice shook, she trembled a little bit when thunder hit, it shook the bus a bit.

"take your time" I said, she started to cry, her sweet voice choking back tears. It made my heart fill with guilt that I didn't even need or deserve. I raised my hands up to hold hers that were laying softly on her lap. I traced my thumbs on her soft fingers, as she tried to hold her tears back. Her hair was soaked but the drips coming from her hair were slowing down, her clothes still dripping.

"one minute" I quickly said, I could barely peel my eyes off of her, I had a weird fear she was gonna run off. I quickly grabbed my Sex Pistols shirt and kneeled beside her. Shit this girl's leg is shaking like crazy. I gave her a quick nod asking for permission, she gave me a nod back. I unzipped her boots, revealing her soft thighs, and painted toe nails. Her sniffles were loud in the bus's silence. My fingers lightly grazed her legs as I slip the boots off. She still had tears flowing out her eyes as she bit her fingernails and picked at her bottom lip I looked up at her.

"can I take off your shirt?" I asked softly making sure she wanted to, she nodded, I slipped the shirt off easy. She lifted her arms up gently. She instantly put her knees up to her chest and huddled into a ball.

"it's okay" I tried to smile, I've never seen Darcie so quiet vulnerable and insecure, it broke me. I handed the shirt to her, she gently took if from my hand, and slipped it on, I only saw a glimpse of her chest but I didn't focus on it too much. I sat up on the couch next to her, all I can do was look at her , her now flat hair rested on her shoulder, her fingers still at her soft lips as her other hand flipped her hair, her eyes were doughy, filled with disappointment and sadness, I felt my heart slump, I felt weak almost. As I was going to go towards her, she quickly threw her arms around my waist and hugged them tight. I smiled, her grip was tight for such a small girl. I lifted her up a bit more and brought my hand to her waist as I tangled my other hand in her hair to support her head. She tried to hide little whimpers coming from her mouth. She sat up and played with her fingers, her eyes were glassy, a little bit of mascara under her eyes she sniffled as I saw her eyes filling up again she turned her head so I didn't see, I tilted my head in misery as my eyes became glossy and starry, I slipped a hand on her cheek, I gently gave it a nudge to turn back to me, and so her eyes peeled off the moonlight and connected to mine, her eyes filling up but she released the tears. They came running down her cheek as I quickly swiped them away with my thumb. She leaned into my touch, and sighed. What is this real? is she okay? Only two words slipped out her lips in almost a pout.

"I suck"

"nonsense" I knew my response once the words came out her mouth, I nodded as I responded. I sorta just met this chick but I can tell she was something special, maybe not to the world even though she was, maybe she wasn't to Nikki...but she was to me and I have no clue why.

she let out a breathy laugh as she looked down, as her head took a quick glance to the window again.

"fuckin guy like Nikki want me for?" she muttered to herself, she shook her head.

"what's that supposed to mean?" I cocked my head in genuine confusion.

"meaning I'm not what he wants" she said sternly and scoffed

"I d-"

"don't say you doubt it" she snapped, I really did though. Yeah sure maybe I'm a bit biased cause I have the total hots for her but everyone else did too, it wasn't any different. Nikki's a dickhead for cheating on her, no doubt about that. But her not being what he wanted? I didn't even need Nikki's words or opinion to doubt it.

"yeah...I may be 'Ms.Hollywood' but I ain't part of the rock n roll standards."

"and what are the rock n roll standards?" I asked, a little bit offended.

"anyone but me apparently" she tried to laugh, it hurt to see such a girl such as this one talk so much shit about herself. Darcie can't see her worth, clearly Nikki didn't either, her head looked and moved everywhere else, not wanting someone to see the tears spill out her face. This woman is out of her damn mind...

"Darce"

"hm?"

"I-"

shit, come on Duff, tell her how you feel already. don't let Nikki win. I can do it, I mean look at her she's head over heels for him, it would suck. I can't make her fall at my feet. Her eyes glimmer waiting for a response almost like there was some sort of unspoken thing...but something had to be said, even if she kissed me right now I can't. She would wake up in the morning regretting everything she did, she wouldn't blame me... she would blame herself, and god knows where that'll lead. I can't beat the fuck out of Nikki either, she wouldn't blame me or Nikki, she'd again blame herself. Fuck.

I titled her chin up with my finger.

"I think you should get some rest" I smiled she nodded from where I was sitting I pulled down the shade it was pitch black, "can I?" she whimpered. I nod in the dark as she clung around my waist and rested her head on my chest.

Nikki was one lucky dude, why is he fucking up?