Chapter 74

***DUFF***

I've been taking Darcellyn to the studio and interviews and what not when she was off. Not that I didn't trust her, but I'm fucking scared. This is all Nikki man...I hate to blame people but you know what!? fuck it! I'll blame him cause he's the reason Darcie feels the need to blame herself! That motherfucker...doesn't even know what he's doing to her...who does he think he is? I mean look at her...distracting me as I tune my bass which is hard to do already cause I'm kinda drunk... She sat on the couch, trying to get lost in her writing...I see her talk about writing a lot but this is the first time I've seen her writing and not reading someone else's. Her legs were crossed on top of each other, her soft small hands gripping tightly on the pen as she scribbled feverishly, her tongue in between her teeth sometimes, god she's so cute. Is it weird that sometimes I still feel kind of scared or nervous to approach her? She stopped writing put the pen between her teeth for a second before dropping the pen on her lap, she reached to her back pocket for a pack of reds, she quickly lit it and blew some smoke out, she set down the carton beside her and tossed her lighter next to it. She picked up her pen again as she sighed to herself , what was happening in that head? Her eyes twinkled, like they do in bed, the ones I look at all the time. She exhaled as her pen hit the paper but didn't right anything, she was thinking staring blankly. She looked up at me, wow. she smiled, I smiled back instantly. Her eyes widened almost like she was searching me, she quickly look down and chuckled to herself as she put the pen back on the paper and wrote something down. She looked back at me licked her lips and went back to her paper writing feverishly again.

Axl walked through the studio doors, Slash sprinted up from his seat. "where the fuck have you been man?!"

"out." Axl said casually shrugging, I scoffed quietly. "out?" Slash mocked "did you forget we have an album to record?" he said, Darcie and I gave each other a quick 'here we go again look' and rolled our eyes, I keep an eye on her in case the fight gets more serious.

"oh please, don't act like you don't have fun?" Axl spat "no we do, but right now is our scheduled studio day which means we RECORD!"

this is ridiculous.

"okay asshole so if you just wanna stay in the studio or whatever all day...so how bout this. none of us go out to party" he said directing towards Slash and everyone in the room "ok?! no inviting groupies to the house, no beer runs, no clubbing alright? You-" he pointed at Slash "no getting high off your ass or in Duff's case... drunk"

"okay fuck you man" I jump in. "what? it's true" he says with a jerk smirk on his face looking back at Slash walking to him slowly "that what you want man? you want to ruin everyones fun.ruin it for yourself? no going out for smack or shooting up in random place, poor Duff won't be able to take his little princess out on dates" he said with a pout.

"alright man that's enough" I stood up and walked to him "well our buddy here says that's what we need to do"

"no it's not asshole! that's not what he meant"

"Duff's just extra angry cause he's drunk and cause I talked about his girl" he said, damn right he's trying to get my blood boiling it's working, he's standing between Slash and I, we gave each other a glare as we looked back at Axl's mouth ready to say something stupid. "you know what?" he said "Slash if you so desperately want to get rid of distractions..we might as well get rid of girls too? right" "no groupies, no romance, no sex, no girlfriends" Axl said looking at me "don't start man" I growled. "why" Axl said with a smile, god I wanna punch him. "cause if you say some shit about my girl I'll bust your fucking ass" I said, "huh. that's good, hey Darcellyn-" what the fuck is about to do? I look back to see Darcellyn worried eye, hands on the side of her neck as she looked up "good man you got here, defensive with you" he says, looking back at me "he seems to care more about you than the music, and he can't say otherwise cause if he does that means he love music more then you" what the hell is he trying to do or get at...or was this just plain asshole Axl right now? "fucking quit it Axl" I growl "listen Duff I'm sorry but again our-"

"quit being a dick ax, Darcellyn has nothing to do with this it's you" Slash said putting hands on him and giving him a light shove. I see Izzy in the corner of my eye talking to Darcellyn leading her out the room.

"my oh my everyone's trying to protect you and your girl" he chuckled "are you full of dope?" I asked. "no but everyone in this room practically is...I bet even your girl is too" he said my jaw clenched "that why you brought her to the studio right? you didn't want her to be tempted and shoot up?" he snarled, yeah I'm done. I brought him down and punched him. I'm not stopping, it was big tangled mess, this takes me back to that angry kid I was in high school...