Chapter 27

***DUFF***

These windows really do set up a cool vibe, I leaned on the glass as I strummed my bass, trying out stuff, just fiddling around, I wonder what she thought of me playing today? was she even looking at me? I mean I was looking at her but what if she was really looking at Izzy or Axl or anyone else but me, ah whatever dude...quit it.

I threw my head back to the glass looking at the calming lit city below me as i took a deep breath as I just mindlessly strummed an open string, I heard a knock from the door, I swear if Axl asks to use my room again I'm gonna flip. I set my bass down and walked to the door.

I groaned as I opened it.

"what do you-"I stopped myself as my eyes met with Darcie, a disheveled, messy, but beautiful Darcie.

"hey" my toned changed, it was clear she was crying or at least some tears spilled out, black makeup covered her eyes and were smudged. Her arms crossed around her chest, she quivered a bit.

I reached a hand out and smiled, she took one of her hands off the other and took mine. Her hand gripping mine as I leaded her inside my room. She slid on the glass window and looked blankly ahead of her, I put my bass on the bed and sat beside her. She sniffled as she played around with her fingers, she was in a lacy black nightgown that looked so sexy on...anyway and a forest green silk button up over it, Her teased hair messy and tangled. I got lost, her eyes always seem to be glimmering, her hair really did look terrible, I cocked my head, her eyes looked a bit shocked and concerned but the rest of her face was blank. She was either going to snap or break, different reactions with the same meaning.

I gently put a strand of her hair behind her ear, she sniffled and looked at me.

"my hairs a mess" she grumbled

"yeah I know...it's alright" I smiled

Her mouth opened, she was gathering either her thoughts or trying to let the words slip off her mouth.

Silence...

"Nikki's doing smack" she quickly said

I mean I wasn't going to act shocked, cause I wasn't. I don't know how often but Slash did it, Izzy did it, Steven definitely did it. I didn't feel much until I saw a smile on her face when I say Nikki's name, or when he calls her. So much shit must be going through her mind, some maybe selfish thoughts some not. She couldn't even cry, she didn't know what to think or say. Just hurt, confusion and shock on her face. I would have kissed her but I didn't it wasn't the time or place, I pulled her into my arms, her face dug into my chest as she clung onto my waist, I stroked her hair. I kissed her head she didn't notice, but even if she didn't notice it she was still getting it...she needed it.

"things were working out well too" she whined, as I rubbed her back.

I couldn't really say much, I mean sure I didn't do smack, but I'm no saint, or nothin.

"thank you Duff" she said

"for what?"

"for this" I shook my head and looked down at her small figure clinging onto me as I rubbed her back.

"no problem at all Darce" I smiled, god if only she knew what this does to me, how I feel. She got up and gave me a warm smile, she looked at her little swatch.

"shit" she chuckled "I should uh go back, check on Nikki" she said.

'please don't leave, come back here' I wanted so desperately to say, but I didn't...I couldn't.

"yeah" I said helping her stand up and walk to the door.

don't let her leave...at least kiss her or something, those lips they need to be kissed, she needs to be kissed, I need to kiss her, show her...what the fuck are you waiting for punk?

I opened the door for her as her foot made one step into the hallway she turned back for one minute making my hear jump, she smiled and lightly placed a kiss on my cheek. She walked to her room two doors down, Even when she's tired and broken she still walks like nothings wrong, she put her hand on the door handle and looked back at me, she smiled as she opened the door and quickly closed...leaving me at my doorway at a dead silent static hallway, I turned back to my room and shut the door, I shut all the lights off and climbed into bed and stood my bass against the wall. I sighed, noticing that I didn't bring home a girl today...well at least in the way I usually would. My mind kept going to her...I mean really who the fuck does that? Come on dude...

What's happening to me? whatever...